The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Just a quick question about something that's really bugging me!

For the interest rates question, did it say 'increase in interest rates', or 'change in interest rates'?

Many Thanks :smile:
I am so f**ked, the first question was alright shown working and everything alright, 2nd the strategic thing , i suggested price skimming, i know this was a stupid idea, however i mentioned the CAM machinery and wrote that they need to get some money back for the machinery and that the customers dont actually care about the pricing i also quated some bits, the 3rd one with the stakeholders i think i said that it might be good for management coz they believe he is holding them back and that they would move the company forward i also mentioned the bank, employees and mayor doodes, interest rate, i just shot myself in the leg with the answer, i said that it would be more expensive for his oversea customers to import coz trade credits might be expensive coz they would have to pay interest i also mentioned that it would be benficial for the company (extra interest) the last one i said they should take the order coz he retires in 2 years and further orders are garanteed and also that the military is connected to the government which makes it easier for them to get orders from other government funded groups e.g BBC. i also talked about ethical reasons however the gross margin of 38.6% will defiantly help the company in achieving their objectives it also might benefit future investments by the remaing 40% of which are shareholders apart from george!
I actually just need a D, to get a C overall, so i dont know if i made it, i am actually ******** myself i am soo worried coz if i dont make it i will be going to aberdeen! :s-smilie:
Reply 82
blablue64
Just a quick question about something that's really bugging me!

For the interest rates question, did it say 'increase in interest rates', or 'change in interest rates'?

Many Thanks :smile:

Increase in UK interest rate I think it was :smile:
Reply 83
Antifazian
Increase in UK interest rate I think it was :smile:

Thanks!

You confirmed my fear, I read it as 'a change in UK interest rate'

oops
Reply 84
blablue64
Thanks!

You confirmed my fear, I read it as 'a change in UK interest rate'

oops

Oh damn :|

For all the practice essays i did the question was change and then we stated whether we were writing about increase or decrease, but the exam chose for us, was okay though..
GuinnessRanger
I am so f**ked, the first question was alright shown working and everything alright, 2nd the strategic thing , i suggested price skimming, i know this was a stupid idea, however i mentioned the CAM machinery and wrote that they need to get some money back for the machinery and that the customers dont actually care about the pricing i also quated some bits, the 3rd one with the stakeholders i think i said that it might be good for management coz they believe he is holding them back and that they would move the company forward i also mentioned the bank, employees and mayor doodes, interest rate, i just shot myself in the leg with the answer, i said that it would be more expensive for his oversea customers to import coz trade credits might be expensive coz they would have to pay interest i also mentioned that it would be benficial for the company (extra interest) the last one i said they should take the order coz he retires in 2 years and further orders are garanteed and also that the military is connected to the government which makes it easier for them to get orders from other government funded groups e.g BBC. i also talked about ethical reasons however the gross margin of 38.6% will defiantly help the company in achieving their objectives it also might benefit future investments by the remaing 40% of which are shareholders apart from george!
I actually just need a D, to get a C overall, so i dont know if i made it, i am actually ******** myself i am soo worried coz if i dont make it i will be going to aberdeen! :s-smilie:

Doodes' order had a GPM of 38.7% :biggrin: sorry to burst your bubble lol
Reply 86
loopylawrence
Doodes' order had a GPM of 38.7% :biggrin: sorry to burst your bubble lol

I think they'd quite possibly let them off with 38.6% :p:
Reply 87
Antifazian
I found I could only really use net profit margin and ROCE for part b, the others didn't seem to fit in with the question to me and would have been tacked-on :dontknow: I think I mentioned return on equity fleetingly, but it didn't really fit with my answer.
I used return on capital employed to say that it shows that LCL are not using the money employed effectively to turn it into profit and talked about alternatives for lost days of production for example, hire extra staff (although incur higher costs) or job rotation. Also compared the gross and net profit which means that LCL have high fixed costs which they will need to try and address. I didn't really talk about the equity one... I don't really think it matters though, I did talk about 3 of 4 and other factors. Does it sound like your answer? lol
Reply 88
Em92
I used return on capital employed to say that it shows that LCL are not using the money employed effectively to turn it into profit and talked about alternatives for lost days of production for example, hire extra staff (although incur higher costs) or job rotation. Also compared the gross and net profit which means that LCL have high fixed costs which they will need to try and address. I didn't really talk about the equity one... I don't really think it matters though, I did talk about 3 of 4 and other factors. Does it sound like your answer? lol

I can't fully remember it now, but I think I spoke about the over-engineering, the spare capacity that it causes, how LCL could stop sending cell members out so it can make use of that capacity to increase revenue. Used net profit margin in that bit I think to talk about high costs.

Then I spoke about the fact that LCL doesn't do much marketing, yet the stuff still sells steadily, so opportunity to increase marketing, then hopefully sales and revenue. And finally the 2012 olympics as another oppertunity to boost revenue I think.

Then I spent a bit of time doing the evaluation bit, said something like short-term lcl should focus on reducing the over-engineering as it's unnecessary, then medium to longer term look forward to 2012 and focus on getting orders from that. Spoke about roce here, can't remember what I said about it, just kind of stuck it on the end lol. Put in a few other financial bits in there too.

I think (hope) as long as you show some understanding of what the figures mean, it's fine. :o:
Reply 89
I'm really hoping for 98%
Reply 90
For 23 marks, I did 2 points for and 2 points against and evaluation. The points were around 6 lines each. If they reach Level 4, how many marks would I get with only 4 points? :cry2:
Ran out of time!
I saw 1A and **** myself. I'd been looking over the formulas on the bus to college but they just weren't sinking in. I got the first three - but ROCE? Epic Fail.

I thought other than that the questions were perfect - OCR has redeemed itself after every other Business Exam being a total Joke.

I loved that Major Doodes was the 23 Marker (L) But i didn't have enough time to finish my evaluation as usual O_O

Also, Interest Rate :biggrin: Perfect!

Urgh, I hope I didn't just use up all my Exam Luck in that one exam cus I need some more to go around on my next Three :|
Reply 92
c0nfus3d
For 23 marks, I did 2 points for and 2 points against and evaluation. The points were around 6 lines each. If they reach Level 4, how many marks would I get with only 4 points? :cry2:
Ran out of time!

That's exactly what I did, but I was told by my teacher that this should be enough to secure a good mark on that question. Might not be full marks, but if you've evaluated well it should be enough :smile:
Reply 93
Adamn
That's exactly what I did, but I was told by my teacher that this should be enough to secure a good mark on that question. Might not be full marks, but if you've evaluated well it should be enough :smile:

Like 20? :frown: I really need an A*
Reply 94
Nathun
The OCR grade boundaries for F297 don't look too bad IMO.

:smile:

oo could you link to them please? :smile:
Reply 95
Too slow :p: Thanks for putting them up :smile:
Reply 96
Nathun
Lool ;]

Good luck!

Thanks, good luck to you too!
does anyone have th grade boundaries for f297 january 2010?
Reply 98
what did everyone get?
Reply 99
c0nfus3d
what did everyone get?

I got 120/120 for this exam, can't believe it especially after answering the interest rate question on exchange rates. Officially don't understand OCR ha. :p:

How did you do? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending