The Student Room Group

Summer- no plans?

I am really worried that I have no plans for summer :/ despite trying, I haven’t been able to secure an internship or summer job so far. I don’t want to waste my summer. I do have a volunteer role I will be undertaking but what else can I do to fill time? I was hoping but just don’t have the money to go travelling or really enough money to do anything- I’m really broke. Because I am autistic I don’t like a lack of routine, it really affects my anxiety and mental health.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Becky
Reply 1
Original post by Oxfordbound
I am really worried that I have no plans for summer :/ despite trying, I haven’t been able to secure an internship or summer job so far. I don’t want to waste my summer. I do have a volunteer role I will be undertaking but what else can I do to fill time? I was hoping but just don’t have the money to go travelling or really enough money to do anything- I’m really broke. Because I am autistic I don’t like a lack of routine, it really affects my anxiety and mental health.

Any ideas greatly appreciated!

Becky

Hey,
Sorry that no one's replied to your post. I have an autistic sibling so I can resonate with the need of routine :smile:
I'd say keep trying to apply for any internships and summer jobs- it can take many rejections until you end up getting what you want. Choose what internships/jobs you want to apply for strategically. What are you interested in? What excites you? What sort of roles would you feel most comfortable doing? How about the hours- are they 9-5 or more varied? Where would you be interning/working? Make a list trying to answer these questions. I'm sorry I can't give anymore advice, I hope this was at least a little helpful.
Reply 2
There is still time to arrange something, have you considered summer jobs abroad? Lots of options if you don't want to stay home. Also this article has some great summer travel suggestions for students. Hopefully you can arrange something soon.

Quick Reply

Latest