The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

All people who say it's possible think they're smart, but no, it actually only make you sound stupid. Revision =/= Learning from completely new, and I'm talking about to good grades, not some rubbish E or D.
Reply 21
^^

did you know that a high percentage (about 60% ?) of those who take up further maths get an A in it ? ....and there is a reason for that !
Reply 22
junkee
Assuming a car 'capable' of doing 70mph effortlessly and your starting point is Bristol then it would take about 1.5 hours with that average speed.

Assuming a student capable of 'cruising effortlessly' ie., absorbing material at an average rate of 5 pages per hour (with topics being of same level of difficulty) then it requires 80 hours to cover 400 pages (FP1+FP2+FP3) which is about a week at 12hrs/day.

Or if the 'crusing rate' is 3hrs/chapter then there are 23 chapters in total equating to about 70 hrs.

probably do-able, maybe not as 12hrs continous sprint but in chunks with breaks inbetween.

London, Ontario from Bristol by car is a hard one to call....My point exactly....

Its a very silly question in its current form and shows a complete lack of intelligence
Reply 23
beta120
London, Ontario from Bristol by car is a hard one to call....My point exactly....

Its a very silly question in its current form and shows a complete lack of intelligence

I asked if it was possible, not how long it takes.

Your analogy is wrong. The fact that you think I'm the stupid one...well. That just goes to show retarded people never know they are retarded.
Reply 24
beta120

It's called 'modelling a problem under reasonable assumptions'.

Choosing Bristol is equivalent to assuming you are closer to the destination (FP maths) ie., you have covered the rest of the distance (AS/A level maths).

I guess this is all a bit too much for you to comprehend.
Reply 25
Both very limited answers that rely on subsequent assupmtions.

Anybody who asks such questions is simply not very clever. There are no ifs or buts, no attempts to shift the focus on potential limitations of others. The question is purely laughable.

My father would do it in a day and has never studied an A level in his life. My mum would not get close to opening the book in one week.
junkee
^^

did you know that a high percentage (about 60% ?) of those who take up further maths get an A in it ? ....and there is a reason for that !

Yeah, FM A Level is piss easy.

Spoiler

Reply 27
^^

absolutely...for those who are 'able' and was my retort to that inane comment that it is insurmountable.
Reply 28
beta120
Both very limited answers that rely on subsequent assupmtions.

Anybody who asks such questions is simply not very clever. There are no ifs or buts, no attempts to shift the focus on potential limitations of others. The question is purely laughable.

My father would do it in a day and has never studied an A level in his life. My mum would not get close to opening the book in one week.

Its clear that you didn't grasp the idea of 'workload' model and so you are waffling on aimlessly. And O-Ren's reply went straight through your empty head.

Sure, your mum and dad could read the book in a day ...and that would be 'Mr. Men' books at bedtime to you.
Reply 29
Impossible if you're trying to learn all the modules from scratch and it would be pointless to try. You wouldn't be able to remember much if anything from any modules. If you're just trying to refresh your memory then it might be possible.
Reply 30
It entirely depends on how good you are at self teaching.

If you just want to learn the material in 1 week and then do past papers its definitely possible.

If I had someone teaching the modules to me I would probably not learn a thing...not in such a short space of time. But it would take me probably 3 days to learn all the FP1~FP3 material (then do past papers after that...it would be a bit of a struggle at first but its fine).

It also depends on what you mean by a 'week' ................ (job, college...?)

Latest