The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

.x.g.x.
topshop do them with a 29inch leg in their petite range

Topshop = my mecca for jeans. <3 I do believe all 4 pairs of my jeans are from there. It's difficult though, cos 29" seem a little short, but 30" seem a little long. Tis crazy.
the gap skinny jeans are great, i'm not exactly model sizing but they actually are flattering!! i never thought they would be. plus my mate works there so i got them on a staff discount....
Reply 22
I'm a size 12..I stand no chance of getting into skinny jeans do I? :frown: I badly want some :smile:
Reply 23
Everyone can get a skinny jean. Repeating for those of you at home... Sass and Bide, have a look, just a look and a try on at Harrods and Harvey Nicks
Reply 24
Sophdoph
I'm a size 12..I stand no chance of getting into skinny jeans do I? :frown: I badly want some :smile:

Oh my god, this is too much. First I hear that skinny jeans are making a comeback (nooooooo!!!!) and now suddenly size 12 is fat?!?! What's the world coming to?

Of course you will get into skinny jeans - size 12 is fine! In fact, it's skinnier than average, so celebrate your fantastic figure!
Reply 25
No way I could pull off skinny jeans... :frown: my thighs are too big!! argh!
I'll stick to my bershka jeans that flare out a decent amount...
Trousers
Oh my god, this is too much. First I hear that skinny jeans are making a comeback (nooooooo!!!!) and now suddenly size 12 is fat?!?! What's the world coming to?

Of course you will get into skinny jeans - size 12 is fine! In fact, it's skinnier than average, so celebrate your fantastic figure!

It depends how tall a person is alongside their size...I mean, if someone was like 5ft and a size 12 I would imagine they would be quite a big person (no offence). I would reckon a person who is 5ft should be a size 8, I am 5ft10" and I am a size 10 but because my body is wider (e.g. hips far apart) because I am tall and I want hipster jeans I would have to buy a size 12 to fit around my hips. But around my waist I am a size 8/10, so it kind of varies on the style.
Reply 27
mangomaz
No way I could pull off skinny jeans... :frown: my thighs are too big!! argh!
I'll stick to my bershka jeans that flare out a decent amount...

i just read in another thread that you're a size 8 :s-smilie: how can your thighs be too big
Fleece
i just read in another thread that you're a size 8 :s-smilie: how can your thighs be too big

Hmm yeah...that sounds odd?
Reply 29
Fleece

i'm a 6 or an 8, and for my size my thighs are quite big.
Reply 30
yeah but the point is if you can fit into a size 8 jean then no way are your thighs fat/too big for skinny jeans
Fleece
yeah but the point is if you can fit into a size 8 jean then no way are your thighs fat/too big for skinny jeans

Yeah...as women deposit their fat mostly on their hips. But if one is self conscious about their e.g. thighs, bottom, etc, they can always get black skinny jeans that are slimming.
Reply 32
The nicest pair of drainpipes i have are my sass and bide ones and my superfine ones (which kate moss owns). I also have a pair of grey baxter jeans which are cheaper!
Reply 33
Fleece

I'm weird sizing lol. I have a size 8 waist but my thighs are size 10...and so i have this weird bulge around my hips and I hate it!!! so skinny jeans just make me look like a pear.
I guess I should have clarified...sorry!
Reply 34
np :smile:
~the_one~
The nicest pair of drainpipes i have are my sass and bide ones and my superfine ones (which kate moss owns). I also have a pair of grey baxter jeans which are cheaper!

Yes I have seen them in a magazine! And you can get them from Harvey Nic's can you...? If so, I will take a look. But I do love my skinnys by Lee! :biggrin:
Reply 36
People have been wearing skinny jeans for ages and looking amazing. Kate Moss starts to and everyone follows.No doubt in a couple of months when its not cool you will stop. What sheep you all are. And Cowboy boots?! Please! Cant people just come up with their own fashions foir once
Reply 37
I hated the whole cowboy boots thing, i think they're so ugly. Yuk. I cant be doing with labels or anything like that.
Hehe- I have 2 pairs. I'm not skinny but they show off my curves & give the illusion that I am taller.... so they pretty much work for me. I think they can look fab up to about a size 12/14. :biggrin:
Reply 39
Yea you can get superfines in harvey nics.

People have been wearing skinny jeans for ages and looking amazing. Kate Moss starts to and everyone follows.No doubt in a couple of months when its not cool you will stop. What sheep you all are. And Cowboy boots?! Please! Cant people just come up with their own fashions foir once

First thing - Kate moss has always worn skinney jeans so its hardly everyone following her sudden change. Secondly have you ever thought that people wear fashions because they suit and flatter them? I've had my drainpipes for years becuase they flatter me way more than bootleg jeans.

Latest