The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FunkykindaGal
Well skinny jeans are the hottest item of clothing to be wearing now...I think they are really cool and I am glad they are in fashion. As I am tall and slim, they fit me perfectly unlike other jeans that are always baggy around my bottom and legs.

I just got a cool pair of skinny jeans from 'Urban Outfitters' they are made by Lee and cost only £60! :biggrin: Watch out Kate Moss...hehehe...(yeah right).

Are they the ones what are very slim all the way down that don't have a bootcut?
RoryOi
People have been wearing skinny jeans for ages and looking amazing. Kate Moss starts to and everyone follows.No doubt in a couple of months when its not cool you will stop. What sheep you all are. And Cowboy boots?! Please! Cant people just come up with their own fashions foir once

Isn't everyone a conformist in some way...? After all, society wears clothes and therefore we are sheep for doing that, aren't we? I have a skinny figure, jeans don't fit me in all the right places (and tend to be baggy around the bottom and legs) and so I am glad I can finally buy skinny jeans because they suit my figure. And if I want to conform and be a 'sheep' then I will do! I have the money and the figure to do so, plus I am not harming anyone...so whats wrong with it?
And cowgirl boots...I am wearing a pair right now! Yeee-haaaa! :biggrin:
twiga
Are they the ones what are very slim all the way down that don't have a bootcut?

Skinny jeans are extremely tight, all the way down to the ankle...they look very cool indeed.
Reply 43
What shoes do you wear skinnies with? Boots/flats etc?...
Sorry if its a stupid question!
Reply 44
you can wear them with absolutely anything.
I loooove skinny jeans! I have a perfect pair from Topshop that used to be exactly the right shade of dark denim but unfortunately they've faded and don't look as nice :frown:
Reply 46
I have a precise, I found them in David Jones this afternoon. Sass and Bide "East Village" is the style of the jean. Its HOT.
mangomaz
What shoes do you wear skinnies with? Boots/flats etc?...
Sorry if its a stupid question!

Flats and heels look best! :wink:
Reply 48
went back this afternoon to buy another pair of East Village becuase my sister has hijacked my pair and they went up form $160 to $170 in one day!
I've seen some hot girls in North America wearing Parasuco jeans if you want to get hold of some: http://www.parasuco.com/
As far as I know, they're a bit similar to Miss Sixty.

Just in case you want something a little different from everyone else... sure you can get some on ebay.

From their website:

Parasuco one of the top 10 most influential denim designers in North America, and awarded the company for “Most Innovative Denim”. Italy’s famous “Donna Italia” magazine also recognized Parasuco as one of the top ten hottest denim brands.
There's no need to spend loads on a great pair of skinny jeans, i got some for £40 at Topshop today and they are like greyish denim and really good fit - i can never normally find a great fit with jeans. Also they come in shorter leg lengths of 30' and 32' leg unlike miss sixty and co who all seem to have 34' leg which not many average people have. Also they actually only cost £36 with student discount - god bless the student discount.
Reply 51
amelia_pink
There's no need to spend loads on a great pair of skinny jeans, i got some for £40 at Topshop today and they are like greyish denim and really good fit - i can never normally find a great fit with jeans. Also they come in shorter leg lengths of 30' and 32' leg unlike miss sixty and co who all seem to have 34' leg which not many average people have. Also they actually only cost £36 with student discount - god bless the student discount.

Aah, the Baxter jean.
Are you talking about actual skinny jeans, which have a straight tapered leg or are you talking about tight-fitted jeans?

Girls look terrible in skinny jeans! Well actually so do guys when I think about it...
I brought some browny/khaki~ish coloured skinny fit jeans from Hennes a month ago and can't get a refund now (too late). The thing is they were super tight around my legs and ankles, but very loose on the butt and thighs, which is odd, esp since I have wide hips and skinny as fook legs.

So if anyone wants a pair of 31' waist 32' length skinny fit jeans for girls with wide hips and thighs then I got 'em! BNWT and all that crap. :wink: I got them for £20. Cheap as chips.

I would take a photo but my bf has taken my digi cam for the weekend. Maybe later...
SamTheMan
Are you talking about actual skinny jeans, which have a straight tapered leg or are you talking about tight-fitted jeans?

Girls look terrible in skinny jeans! Well actually so do guys when I think about it...

It depends, if you are a tall girl (like myself) they look great as they really show of your long and lovely shaped slim legs! :biggrin:
Reply 55
All i can say is HIDEOUS! Replay electra all the way, fits everyone and chiks look great in em.
SKINNY JEANS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the amount of stupid videos the gap have made me watch on them.....................................coz i guess i get 50% off it is worth it and apparently as i keep being told they are this seasons MUST hav.....................
Reply 57
Argh, I can't stand them on me! They look nasty, I've got quite wide hips and thighs so they just make them look even wider. Ew! Even though they're 'in', you won't find me in a pair because they're just so damned unflattering.

I imagine lots of people who really shouldn't be wearing them are going to jump onto the bandwagon. I wish people would just wear clothes that suit them and look good on their body shape rather than follow fashion :frown:
I love skinny jeans.
love my gap skinny jeans, and one of my (male) mates was v complementary about them, and I am not a tall and skinny model- but I did get them so they are not spray-on tight (gap sizes come up so big anyway). They will be so good for wearing under boots in winter cos bootlegs bunch up all horribly, and they look great with flats! and about being sheep, when it comes to jeans doesn't EVERYBODY wear bootlegs?

Latest