The Student Room Group

English Language/English Literature - Advice!

I'm in year 11; obviously studying for GCSE's.

I'm pretty much predicted A/A* across every subject, apart from predicted B's in English Language and English Literature - they're kind of pulling me down.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to get an A/A* in English Language/English Literature?

My exam board is WJEC, and the set texts which I am studying for Lit are "To Kill a Mockingbird", and "Blood Brothers".
Reply 1
aaah WJEC, *stabs* i'm doing blood brothers too :L

uhm, have you been taught to use the PEEL chain for your answers? it's about the only thing i can suggest really, apart from reading the texts and answering some practice exam questions on them.
Reply 2
The exam is easier than your teachers may say it is! Our english teacher told us it would be the hardest exam of our lives, but it actually really wasnt (and this was pushing on 2 years ago!) As long as you know all your stuff, and theory, and have decent coursework - then i dont see why you couldnt get an A/A* pretty easily :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah the exams really arn't that hard.

Just practise by writing loads of essays. And remember when the actual exam comes, the author of the extract, novel or poem is amazing. Everything they've written is well thought out, interesting, insightful, inspirational. Even if it isn't, pretend it is. :smile:

Latest