The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Someone posted statistics on it a while ago but I don't know where to find them. I do remember that barely anyone does five, like less than 10 people do each year.
Reply 2
I've found SQA statistics that say only 1 person attempted in in 2008 and I know the first ever attempt was in 2006 by a girl who got 5A1s at AH but I was wondering if there were any other stats of more recent years.
Reply 3
yeah they are available as someone posted them last year. A chap on here called meteorshower got 5As at AH last yr.
Reply 4
Yeah I've seen some of his posts but I can't seem to find any specific stats - most stats are vague and I'm wondering if there are any specific numbers/%s etc - any help would do =]
Reply 5
GUYS - I HAVE FOUND OFFICIAL SQA STATISTICS ON 5 AHs.

Here is the data I've found:

2002:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 3 5As at AH: 2

2004:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 2 5As at AH: 2

2005:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 1 5As at AH: 1

2006:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 3 5As at AH: 2

2007:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 10 5As at AH: 5

2008:

Attempts at 5 AHs: 1 5As at AH: 0

Hope that helps anyone else who is going to attempt 5AHs and is wondering about the stats =D
abdult93

6 > 5 :awesome:

Sorry can't resist :o:
Reply 7
Since AH have existed only 1 person has ever attempted 6AH (in 2004) and they didn't even get 5As
Reply 8
abdult93
Since AH have existed only 1 person has ever attempted 6AH (in 2004) and they didn't even get 5As

he did 6.

although over 2 sittings, complete non achievement in that case IMO. :p:
Reply 9
Exactly - which is no where near as good as 5As in one sitting =D lol :L
Reply 10
There's loads of stats on the SQA site. It tells you how many people passed each AH, what age they were, how many people did how many etc.

Before that you can get info about SYS if you're interested.

Hope I've helped!
abdult93

Yeah yeah, if I didn't do maths a year early then I'd have got 5As + 1C :colonhash:

:p: :p:
Reply 12
2002 - 1 person 5As
2003 - 2 5As
2004 - 2 5As
2005 - 1 5As
2006 - 2 5As
2007 - 5 5As
2008 - 1 5As
My ex had 6 A1s at AH but did two early so doesn't count in the stats. He's a proper genius though.
Reply 14
but 6AHs is still impressive =]
To be honest though, what's the point of doing that many? Doing 4 is probably enough to put you above the rest for the purposes of university admission, and frankly I would have had time to do other, more important things in S6 if I did less.
Reply 16
When I was contacting Medschools to find out the usual number of AHs applicantants take they said most take 3 but 4 is still quite common, so I decided 5 would be a safety net =] which 6 did you do?
abdult93
When I was contacting Medschools to find out the usual number of AHs applicantants take they said most take 3 but 4 is still quite common, so I decided 5 would be a safety net =] which 6 did you do?

Maths, Stats, Computing, Physics, Music and English. Guess which one's the C? :colonhash:

If I did 2 less in S6, that would have still left me with 4 AHs and I still would probably have got my offer for Cambridge (which turned out to be just 3As). So the the other two was unnecessary.
Reply 18
abdult93

hmmm in some ways its worth taking into account the AHs taken. I mean AH mechanics is probably a freebie AH if you take AH physics and AH maths.

To be honest if you're looking to impress uni admission people you might be better off doing more extra-curricular activities than more AHs.
Reply 19
I'm doing AH:

Applied Maths, Pure Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Physics - got 5A1s in the prelims =D

Yeah I was annoyed with Cambridge cause they rejected me after my pool interview for medicine -.- evil people lol

Latest

Trending

Trending