The Student Room Group
Reply 1
...You got an MEng offer of BBB :shock:
Well done!
...In answer to your question that's a toughie. They're 2 completely different environments. Nottingham is the ultimate Campus university, very pretty everything to hand. It's got a great engineering reputation too!
Manchester on the other hand is a completely different environment...Right in the city centre (the main building anyway) Oxford road a stone's throw away, very busy ..It also has a great engineering reputation.
...So depends on what you want really...Campus or City?
Thanks, I was pretty suprised with the offer aswell.

Hmmm Campus or City? Not sure, I'm guessing I want a bit of both although I'll favour the "ultimate Campus experience"...very hard to choose between the pair. I've been thinking over it for the last two months, and I heard on the radio about the worrys of student finance. So I really want to make my decision soon, so I can get everything else sorted out...

Hows the night life like at Nottingham?
Reply 3
I've heard it's pretty good.
I'm not really sure though I didn't actually apply I just went there for my Headstart thingymabob :colondollar:
Only bad thing about the campus thing is having to live off campus for the rest of your time there.
What do you mean about living off the campus for the rest of your time there?
Reply 5
I'm pretty sure halls are only for first years and maybe theird years...
For second year you'd have to find your own place outside of the campus....
I think.
Maybe search around on the Nottingham forum for more ...trustworthy information lol :mmm:
Ah ok, thanks for the advice, I'll do a bit more reading from the recent accommodation info they sent me.
Reply 7
hey guys i am from india..i got into into manchester ,cass business school,durham and nottingham for BSc in finance....i am really confused where to go??and the rankings keep changing...
any advice???
[i do prefer a campus..tired of living in the city]
PLEASE REPLY ASAP..havta make my decision soon
Reply 8
for the OP, try and arrange to stay at both unis for a weekend, and see which one you have te greater feel for!
Reply 9
sallyj
hey guys i am from india..i got into into manchester ,cass business school,durham and nottingham for BSc in finance....i am really confused where to go??and the rankings keep changing...
any advice???
[i do prefer a campus..tired of living in the city]
PLEASE REPLY ASAP..havta make my decision soon

Post this as a new thread in the General Uni section, or a more relevant section if you want a proper answer!
Reply 10
Thats a tough one. I think Notts is better, but to be honest they're really close. Manch is a city, Notts is a campus. Both have great nightlifes etc.
Reply 11
i got into durham for the business finance course but the stockton campus looks terrible..I am really put of by the location of durham also.. apparently manchester is internationally ranked 25th in the world [nottingham is 95th].... do u know which university is best in terms of employment and job prospects-durham,manchester or nottingham?
Super Evil Mojojojo
I have two conditional places to study Civil Engineering MEng.
University of Nottingham - BBB
University of Manchester - ABB
Not sure which one to pick, which has the better reputation?

Well done, i am applying to to both of them universities for the same course. But due to my predicted grades (BBC), i am applying for the BEng. May i ask what grades you were predicted? And what sort of things i should include in my personal statement?

Latest