The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Becca28
Hey everyone, just found out im coming to Sussex this year for Geog, have to either renew tax/mot on my car or or sell it before uni, does anyone else take their car to uni?

And is there anywhere to park it thorughout the term?

Many thanks :smile:

Sorry but Sussex doesn't allow students to bring cars unless they are disabled/medical reasons/have children.

I really want to take my car too! Oh well, will be good exercise I guess!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
i have relatives in Worthing so maybe i could leave my car there during term time, have to be extra nice to them... :biggrin:

i'm really excited about going to Sussex now :smile:
To be honest, most people I know parked their cars on campus anyway...For the first term no cars were clamped, and if you're careful to move your car around the different car parks every so often, you'll be fine.

I know one guy who got his car clamped, but that's because he left it in East Slope car park for about 3 weeks. Try it out :smile:
Elementalism
To be honest, most people I know parked their cars on campus anyway...For the first term no cars were clamped, and if you're careful to move your car around the different car parks every so often, you'll be fine.

I know one guy who got his car clamped, but that's because he left it in East Slope car park for about 3 weeks. Try it out :smile:

Hmm, tempting....how much are the fines? And what exactly do you mean by 'every so often'...?
Reply 5
Does anyone take a bike to uni? Or do people just use bus's & trains to get around?
Reply 6
fines are 30 quid a time. my mate left it there for a while and got 90 quids worth. every so often...everyday?! lol not joking, you gotta play it carefully, avoid the clampers. they warn you first, then they go clamp happy. but to be honest, unless you're going home every week, there is absolutely no need for one. buses go from uni every 6 minutes, and i can pretty much guarantee there will always be one there into town everytime u go to the bus stop. transport is amazing there.
ktr18
fines are 30 quid a time. my mate left it there for a while and got 90 quids worth. every so often...everyday?! lol not joking, you gotta play it carefully, avoid the clampers. they warn you first, then they go clamp happy. but to be honest, unless you're going home every week, there is absolutely no need for one. buses go from uni every 6 minutes, and i can pretty much guarantee there will always be one there into town everytime u go to the bus stop. transport is amazing there.

Yeah I wouldn't necessarily want to keep it there - just thinking for the first month as there are a couple of evenings when I will have to go into London for gigs...I can always get the train though...don't think I'll bother!

Latest

Trending

Trending