The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Lirael Abhorsen
no neither of those types... like joseph fiennes and gael garcia bernal.. the artistic type

:ditto:
The artistic type? that's a style. A kid hardly comes out of his mother's womb looking like Picasso with a paintbrush.
Reply 22
artistic type? i don't think that that type exists!
Reply 23
Classic good looks is better in terms of ageing. I don't have a preference between a classically good looking guy or a pretty boy.
Good point. You can hardly dress as a pretty boy when you're 45!
Classic good looks are obv. better: if you have them, then you can still be a 'pretty boy' (if you want to) but it doesn't work the other way!
Reply 26
SamTheMan
It's not all bipolar, if you're not a pretty boy, it doesn't mean you're rugged, weigh 20 stones, have a beard and drive a lorry.

The Classic good looks vs. pretty boy makes sense though as the "pretty boy" style is made up. You're not really born a pretty boy. It's the way you decide to style yourself.

of course pretty boy is in natural looks, more so than most other types. yes its a little bit to do with a certain attitude and style but most of the pretty boy charm is definitely to do with the look, eg pouty, babyface, slightly feminine.

also i dont think many girls go for the 20 stone , muscly, lorry driver type.i think its a common misconception that guys have that these ultra macho types are attractive. THEY ARE REALLY NOT. boorish wrestler and bodybuilders types a total turn-off to me
classic handsome looks but slightly rugged is very attractive. out of the list id go for Orlando, but usually dont go for pretty boy types
Reply 27
Neither - good looking men are arseholes.
Reply 28
Pretty boys will age horribly as they're only good looking when they're kids. Classic good looks will last a lifetime. Depends whether you're looking for a quick shag or a marriage...:wink:
Reply 29
i hate to admit it, but pretty boys...

*drools*
Reply 30
I think I like more masculine men in general - big guys with square jaws etc. But then, classic pretty boy features are great too, where would we be without gorgeous eyes, nice lips, fit hair? Bad boys with rugged looks are very attractive too..yum.

Conclusion: all types of men are gorgeous!

Cxx
I like guys with glasses...

:shrug: I like 'em well read.

-and yes, I know glasses don't = intelligence!-
I've been called "a pretty boy" before.

I've also been called "a lanky tw*t", if that's of any interest.
Reply 33
wtf are pretty boys? when i think of a pretty boy i think of someone who wears a pink tee and spends a lot on their hair. when i think of classic good looks i think of jude law or someone, am i right?
Reply 34
cambridgemuscle
the debate rages on between my girl mates. of course there are different ways of phrasing it ie: cute vs. rugged, girly vs.manly, but essentially its the same thing right??

In the grand scheme of things, i think most men have an element of both. i would post a pic of myself to let u decide but i can't be arsed to find one. anyway, girls, using examples if you so wish, which one most floats your boat. The likes of Lee Ryan, Gareth Gates and Orlando Bloom, or classic good looking mens men such as Russel Crow, Steve McQueen or Beckham without the makeup.

No idea who Lee Ryan is... Gareth Gates I've seen pictures off though and seen him on tv: :puke: was my only reaction. Orlando Bloom is cute... he can look sexy, but only very occasionally, I think he's too 'goody goody'.
Now Johnny Depp... he is sexy! :biggrin:
So yeah, I don't go for the cute look as much as I go for the 'classic' look.
I wouldn't say I'm pretty, but I'm definitely nearer the "pretty-boy" end...
As in I'm called "cute" rather than hot/sexy.
I think images like this don't help.

It seems to me that every lead actor, or model doing an ad campaign,
or basically any man presented as attractive on TV... has dark, brooding colouring.

Where the hell are all the pale guys being role-models?
Maybe they're all stuck in Scandinavian TV, eh. :cool:
crazydaveuk
I wouldn't say I'm pretty, but I'm definitely nearer the "pretty-boy" end...
As in I'm called "cute" rather than hot/sexy.
I think images like this don't help.

It seems to me that every lead actor, or model doing an ad campaign,
or basically any man presented as attractive on TV... has dark, brooding colouring.

Where the hell are all the pale guys being role-models?
Maybe they're all stuck in Scandinavian TV, eh. :cool:

lol i think it sorta goes along with that "tall, dark and mysterious" persona. Kinda like how blonde females aren't typically considered sensual, whereas brunettes are.
Poica
Pretty boys will age horribly as they're only good looking when they're kids. Classic good looks will last a lifetime. Depends whether you're looking for a quick shag or a marriage...:wink:

:ditto: ^_^ you are soooo gettin rep for that :p: xoxo
Reply 38
tammy_girl
:ditto: ^_^ you are soooo gettin rep for that :p: xoxo

That Oirish accent is really doing stuff for me :wink:
Reply 39
I've never been considered either pretty boy or rugged good looks and to be quite frank I'm quite fat, well I think I am yet I have a girlfriend whom I love with all my heart as she's a lovely person and most of my mates think she's stunning so whether you have rugged good looks, pretty boy looks or aren't a looker at all there is someone out there for all of you it's just a case of waiting till you find it. In my experience people find different things attractive depending on who the person is and what mood there in so I would say it's hard to find a hard and fast rule as to which the preference is.

Http://www.faceparty.co.uk/somersetlad

Just incase your wondering what I look like,

Latest