The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
loool richard dont flatter yourself you arent a pretty boy dw about that. also i think your hair and fashion is typically attempted-trendy, the type that go to m-two if anyone knows it. hideous.
Rouge
of course pretty boy is in natural looks, more so than most other types. yes its a little bit to do with a certain attitude and style but most of the pretty boy charm is definitely to do with the look, eg pouty, babyface, slightly feminine.

It's 90% style, 10% natural looks. 1/2 of guys have the right face to have the pretty boy style. The thing with you girls is that you're totally blinded by style :rolleyes: It's always "I like the artistic type", "I like pretty boys", "I like players", "I like emo kids", "I like geeks". That's nothing to do with what a guy was born with.

I mean, at least we guys are honest: we'll look at a girl's actual assets, whether that be her breasts, her pretty face or her nice legs. It might seem superficial to some but I think it's actually less superficial. We fall less for "types" that media and society lay upon us. I don't agree with the whole physical types that media tell us to like. The vast majority of guys go for a girl looks healthy and fit. That's little to do with media influence.
Reply 42
There's loads of quite ugly people going round with tight slogan/classi t-shirts, white trainers, bleached mullets/mochicans that get a lot of girl attention.

Though the type of girl that this look generally attracts might not be very desirable.
Reply 43
I mean, at least we guys are honest: we'll look at a girl's actual assets, whether that be her breasts, her pretty face or her nice legs. It might seem superficial to some but I think it's actually less superficial. We fall less for "types" that media and society lay upon us. I don't agree with the whole physical types that media tell us to like. The vast majority of guys go for a girl looks healthy and fit. That's little to do with media influence

I never fall for a guy because of what 'type' he is, to be honest i fall for any guy whos fit looking - which is an indicator of health aswell! Oviously he has to be a nice person. All the bloody guys i know definatly fall for a 'type' - the private girls schools, loads of make up, short cut off mini, the pull there friends, ah maybe because there easy
~the_one~
I never fall for a guy because of what 'type' he is, to be honest i fall for any guy whos fit looking - which is an indicator of health aswell! Oviously he has to be a nice person. All the bloody guys i know definatly fall for a 'type' - the private girls schools, loads of make up, short cut off mini, the pull there friends, ah maybe because there easy

Good to see not all girls are the same. So if you saw a good-looking guy but he had a dorky haircut and wore an awful tracksuit, you'd still go for him? I think that's where I always went wrong: I've never corresponded to a type. Some of my friends are very preppy, come from rich families and study medicine or business and are the preppy type. Quite a few back in high school surfed (I never took it seriously) as we lived next to the Atlantic and they were the surfer type.

Well obviously guys go for styles: I mean get an average girl, put a 1inch layer of makeup and give her some slutty clothes and she'll make a few heads turn but I think that a lot of guys can overlook a girl's style if he finds she's got a nice face and body. In my case anyway. I hope this doesn't sound racist, but I've found quite a lot of girls wearing a tradition muslim hijab very attractive just because they had a very attractive face. That's a millions miles away from any Western "type". Not that I would expect many of them to go for me.
Reply 45
So if you saw a good-looking guy but he had a dorky haircut and wore an awful tracksuit, you'd still go for him?

To be honest i've never been in that situation so i would know what i would do, maybe make sutle suggestions and buy him nice clothes for his b-day etc.

I think that's where I always went wrong: I've never corresponded to a type

Totally know what you mean there. I've never been in any group or certain style, I just wear what i like and what suits me. But then my friends are rich kids, ravers, etc.
~the_one~
To be honest i've never been in that situation so i would know what i would do, maybe make sutle suggestions and buy him nice clothes for his b-day etc.

Well maybe unconciously you do take into account those things without realising it but I might be wrong.

~the_one~

Totally know what you mean there. I've never been in any group or certain style, I just wear what i like and what suits me. But then my friends are rich kids, ravers, etc.

I've never corresponded to a type unfortunately and never really been part of a clique. At best I might have been a bit of a preppy bastard at times. I was with friends who were in cliques: either the skater/surfer clique or the rich kid clique. Being from a not-so-rich family and my parents going through a divorce while most of my friends were rich, not going to church when I was going to a Catholic school, and being a Brit in a foreign country, made me a bit of an oddball so girls didn't know how to analyse me: I didn't correspond to any of their types and I know for a fact, that that weirded some of them out.
But I have to admit, if I was a lot better looking those drawbacks wouldn't have mattered :rolleyes:
Reply 47
af1
loool richard dont flatter yourself you arent a pretty boy dw about that. also i think your hair and fashion is typically attempted-trendy, the type that go to m-two if anyone knows it. hideous.

If you read my post it says im neither a pretty boy or a good looking :confused:
Reply 48
what about personality vs good looks?

if youre guy was really ugly but the kindest, sweetest and sensualist man known...?

or if he was extremely attractive (in whichever way you interpret that) but was a horrible person?

- now explain to me why girls always choose the horrible person :confused:
Reply 49
I don't like any of those in the list, lol. I'm not sure really... but I always go for men with brown or black hair not blonde. I do have a 'type' to some extent but I'm not sure which of those two it is!
krisshaw
what about personality vs good looks?

if youre guy was really ugly but the kindest, sweetest and sensualist man known...?

or if he was extremely attractive (in whichever way you interpret that) but was a horrible person?

- now explain to me why girls always choose the horrible person :confused:

Well I for one usually notice a girl when she looks good. Sure personality is what makes the difference when you want a girlfriend but I wouldn't find it shallow or superficial if a girl chose a guy based on actual looks since I do that, more or less . I couldn't go out with a girl I didn't find very attractive. Then again I couldn't go out with a girl who was a horrible, boring person. So the whole package is needed (it sucks being picky :frown: )

I hate being with a girl knowing I'm not really her physical type (which is basically the case all the time :frown: ).
Reply 51
you're a good looking guy tho my friend :smile:
crazydaveuk
I wouldn't say I'm pretty, but I'm definitely nearer the "pretty-boy" end...
As in I'm called "cute" rather than hot/sexy.
I think images like this don't help.

It seems to me that every lead actor, or model doing an ad campaign,
or basically any man presented as attractive on TV... has dark, brooding colouring.

Where the hell are all the pale guys being role-models?
Maybe they're all stuck in Scandinavian TV, eh. :cool:

In your piccie, i wouldn't class you near the pretty boy end, def. more classic good looks :smile: .
niamhster
In your piccie, i wouldn't class you near the pretty boy end, def. more classic good looks :smile: .

I concur. :smile:
Reply 54
* gemchicken
Oooh we did an experiment with this at Uni :smile:

Found most females preferred strong jawlines, rugged look etc....but this did change with their 'time of the month'...they leant more towards baby faces during their 'time' :smile:

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: , also girls get prety stressed at that timeand hit anyone. i have been a victim :frown: . my gf hit me for no reason cos of the pain she had and thought she will feel better.
Reply 55
SamTheMan
Well I for one usually notice a girl when she looks good. Sure personality is what makes the difference when you want a girlfriend but I wouldn't find it shallow or superficial if a girl chose a guy based on actual looks since I do that, more or less . I couldn't go out with a girl I didn't find very attractive. Then again I couldn't go out with a girl who was a horrible, boring person. So the whole package is needed (it sucks being picky :frown: )

I hate being with a girl knowing I'm not really her physical type (which is basically the case all the time :frown: ).

Sigh. Preferences do suck; i have them as well..........and even if you find someone attractive, doesn't mean you're attracted to them--which is weird.

It'd be easier if we were all little bulbs of light dating each other.
Reply 56
will some one post of pick of one of these typical "pretty boys" I just want to know what you think fits this hair/pink t-shirt stereotype
ArchiBoi
will some one post of pick of one of these typical "pretty boys" I just want to know what you think fits this hair/pink t-shirt stereotype

I think half of the 20 year-old males can be classed as that, although some push it to the extreme.
Reply 58
any gentleman thats pleasent to the eyes, is fine with me. i love the door opening, pulling chair out kinda guy. too bad that they're on the verge of extinction...
Reply 59
SlyPie
Sigh. Preferences do suck; i have them as well..........and even if you find someone attractive, doesn't mean you're attracted to them--which is weird.

It'd be easier if we were all little bulbs of light dating each other.

much easier...

Latest