The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
krisshaw
what about personality vs good looks?

if youre guy was really ugly but the kindest, sweetest and sensualist man known...?

or if he was extremely attractive (in whichever way you interpret that) but was a horrible person?

- now explain to me why girls always choose the horrible person :confused:

Girls don't always choose the horrible person. You've got to find the right girl though.
Personality is 100% more important that looks - relationships are based on that, crushes are based on looks. And if you find a girl who loves you, she's probably going to find you physcially attractive too, no matter what you look like.
Reply 61
'Classic' good looks versus 'pretty boy'; outcome: my loss, either way.
What exactly is a "pretty" boy? A bemulleted pink tee sporting alcopop drinking ripped jeans wearing fake tanned young man?
Reply 63
Profesh
'Classic' good looks versus 'pretty boy'; outcome: my loss, either way.

Just get cosmetic surgery.
Reply 64
tsforesth05
What exactly is a "pretty" boy? A bemulleted pink tee sporting alcopop drinking ripped jeans wearing fake tanned young man?

I'd say someone like Jude Law or Orlando Bloom.

Into certain clothes; hair; look more feminine compared to the classic good-lookers.
I was under the impression being a pretty boy was more how one groomed themself?
Reply 66
tsforesth05
I was under the impression being a pretty boy was more how one groomed themself?

Well yes, but also certain physical features.

For example Jude Law has somewhat feminine eyes, etc. He's also small-boned for a man--things like that.
Reply 67

Originally Posted by krisshaw
what about personality vs good looks?

if youre guy was really ugly but the kindest, sweetest and sensualist man known...?

or if he was extremely attractive (in whichever way you interpret that) but was a horrible person?

- now explain to me why girls always choose the horrible person

If a guy was really attractive but an arsehole, he can go **** himself! Literally :biggrin:
But if he really is all that you described, but ugly... I suppose it would depend how ugly. Lol, I mean, you know what I mean... really ugly... but most guys don't fall into that category anyway. Character is much more important than looks.
tsforesth05

That's exactly what I thought i was and I'm pretty sure it is. It's just a style. The thing is you can't have any kind of physique although most guys can get away with the pretty boy look if that's their thing.

and Slypie I wouldn't mind being a lightbulb.
Reply 69
SlyPie
Just get cosmetic surgery.

Easily said; but where does one draw the line? In my case, I warrant, immediately below the hairline and above the soles of the feet; hardly feasible on the strength of a student subsidy: I'd end up with a pedicure.
Looks are totally ephemeral, anyway. They are important now, but who cares when you reach, say, 60?

Right now, looks are probably a large factor in choosing a gf/bf but personality is more important in the long-run. (Although I'm a complete hypocrite as far as this goes.)
Reply 71
how about ok from certain angles?

i like that look myself....
Reply 72
Gexko
how about ok from certain angles?

i like that look myself....

How's about: from certain angles, and in certain basements; blessed by certain, low-light conditions?
Reply 73
Profesh
How's about: from certain angles, and in certain basements; blessed by certain, low-light conditions?

haha

well hollywood films from certain angles.................

anyway as for the cosmetic surgery..just worry about face then?(body doesnt really matter since you can work out)

instead of according to you, your entire self.
Reply 74
SlyPie
haha

well hollywood films from certain angles.................

anyway as for the cosmetic surgery..just worry about face then?(body doesnt really matter since you can work out)

instead of according to you, your entire self.

Actually, I've witnessed some truly repellant torsoes in my time (mostly that occupied on the beach at Weston-Super-Mare); deformity by design, if you will. It is part of what has led me to consider my body as my one, cosmetic 'saving grace'. :rolleyes:
Reply 75
Profesh
Actually, I've witnessed some truly repellant torsoes in my time (mostly that occupied on the beach at Weston-Super-Mare); deformity by design, if you will. It is part of what has led me to consider my body as my one, cosmetic 'saving grace'. :rolleyes:

hah...you're probably being too hard on yourself.

I've only seen a handful of truly hideously bad looking people in real life.

Were the repellant torsoes of middle-aged people who insist on revealing skin eh?
Reply 76
SlyPie
hah...you're probably being too hard on yourself.

I've only seen a handful of truly hideously bad looking people in real life.

Were the repellant torsoes of middle-aged people who insist on revealing skin eh?

Decidedly not: conceive, if you will, of individuals endowed with the shoulder-blades of your nascent albatross (or Icarus); bone structure of a necessity beyond all comprehension, if any. As to the former: I am as "hard on myself" as experience compels me to be, which fact largely accounts for a patent inability to take myself seriously (and, perhaps ironically, serves only to enhance my powers of attraction).
Profesh
Easily said; but where does one draw the line? In my case, I warrant, immediately below the hairline and above the soles of the feet; hardly feasible on the strength of a student subsidy: I'd end up with a pedicure.

LOL nothing wrong with a pedicure!!!! Some guys have some really scary feet and could totally use one.

The whole pretty boy vs. classic issue...well, to sound completely unoriginal, looks totally don't matter. It's a sense of humor, good hygeine, good taste in music...and an exciting kisser. Who cares if he has feminine cheek bones or a tight ass?

...well...

Latest