The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you like?
Are you a sciency person?

You could probably do Politics, Psychology, English.
Reply 2
If you don't know what to do, don't do anything :smile: Degrees are expensive, and a waste if you end up hating it.
I suggest sampling different jobs through work experience or shadowing postitions, in areas you are interested in :smile: That way you can get more of an idea.
Reply 3
There are so many options with those subjects and there are many degrees that you might not of even heard about since the subject isn't studied at school etc. Probably best to sit down with a few uni prospectus' (available online or send off for them) and look at the different courses available. What kind of things are you interested in/enjoy the most subject wise?
Reply 4
I assume you want to apply for 2011 uni start?

If so you can pretty much rule out all science/engineering courses because of no higher maths. Other than that you could do plenty of degrees.
Reply 5
appleman888
Am 21 and am going to take highers next year

These are the subject am taken

Higher English
Int 2 Maths
Higher Chemistry (maybe) never taken it at standard grade
Higher Modern Studies (maybe)
Higher Pyschology

I would like to know your opinions what type of degree could i do with these subjects?

Your question unsettles me... University should be a means to an end; it is not an end in itself. :yep:

Any decent degree worth its salt requires lots of hard work, commitment and cash. So, as someone else pointed out, maybe you should think of something else after you pass your Highers? Simply getting to University is no longer the door opener it was. Apart from the door to the nearest call centre, of course.
Your 21, and your still doing Int 2 Maths...

Good luck with life.
Reply 7
SausageTroll

Good luck with life.

...and your homophones are dodgy. Twice.
Nonie No
...and your homophones are dodgy. Twice.

What's a homophone?
Reply 9
SausageTroll
What's a homophone?

What's a dictionary?:wink:
Nonie No
What's a dictionary?:wink:

Haha, aren't you stupid.
Reply 11
SausageTroll
Haha, aren't you stupid.

No. Just pointing out the means of finding the answer to your question.
Nonie No
No. Just pointing out the means of finding the answer to your question.

Haha i'm kidding...

Anyway sorry for my last post, I was an arrogant little ****.

Sorry OP, people go to uni at 30, so it really is not a sign of intelligence.
SausageTroll

Good luck with life.

Grow up, lots of mature students do Highers when they're older and they don't need justification from you.

OP: I agree with Nonie No. It's best to find your balance and what your good at etc before you decide what you wanna specialize in, e.g. I was set on doing biology then I changed my mind to chemistry :yep:
Dado Prso
I assume you want to apply for 2011 uni start?

If so you can pretty much rule out all science/engineering courses because of no higher maths. Other than that you could do plenty of degrees.

Quite a few biology/chemistry course let you in without having higher maths.
Bipolar Dipole
Grow up, lots of mature students do Highers when they're older and they don't need justification from you.

OP: I agree with Nonie No. It's best to find your balance and what your good at etc before you decide what you wanna specialize in, e.g. I was set on doing biology then I changed my mind to chemistry :yep:

Check the post above yours.
appleman888
Am 21 and am going to take highers next year

These are the subject am taken

Higher English
Int 2 Maths
Higher Chemistry (maybe) never taken it at standard grade
Higher Modern Studies (maybe)
Higher Pyschology

I would like to know your opinions what type of degree could i do with these subjects?

Perhaps English wouldn't be the best idea....
Drop chemistry, unless you blow off the teacher, getting an A was **** hard.

Do Law.
Anon Person
Are you Scottish? :eyeball:

Have you done Higher Chemistry?

No Why?
Anon Person
How do you know about Int 2 Maths then? :confused:

Because I have friends in Scotland...

Also, anyone could have gotten that int 2 maths is lower than higher from the replies in this thread.

Latest

Trending

Trending