The Student Room Group
Reply 1
koop
would you just talk about how they provide proof of paranormal forces?

I would view it from the perspective of an individual's tendency to believe in such stuff.

For example, do particular traits lead people to explain ambiguous information in magical ways (e.g., magical thinking)?
Reply 2
Psych!
I would view it from the perspective of an individual's tendency to believe in such stuff.

For example, do particular traits lead people to explain ambiguous information in magical ways (e.g., magical thinking)?

i only got research that talks about a correlation between esp and personality
Reply 3
Okie doke. Well that's a start.

There will without doubt be research linking schizotypal traits and magical thinking. Indeed, it's an important component of measures of schizotypy.
Reply 4
Psych!
Okie doke. Well that's a start.

There will without doubt be research linking schizotypal traits and magical thinking. Indeed, it's an important component of measures of schizotypy.

sorry i have no idea what those are, I'm on the aqa a spec if that helps anyone
Reply 5
Likewise, I have little idea about aqa specs etc.

Schizotypy is the personality trait that is strongly associated with schizophrenia. Families of individuals with schizophrenia tend to exhibit high trait schizotypy. So it is seen as the subclinical relation to schizophrenia. The trait is also known to be related to magical thinking (and creativity).

I'd suggest doing some research on it, if you think it's any use to you.

Latest

Trending

Trending