The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I don't really think there is a lot to learn for HSW. Just make sure you're familiar with all the terms that crop up in the ISAs (accuracy, reliability etc.)

For me, the CGP workbooks really helped for science, worth picking up IMO.

Lastly, do as many past papers as you can get your hands on, they are gold dust. :smile:

- Tim
Reply 2
what did you get if you do not mind me asking?
Sorry for piggybacking but I was also wondering whether I would need to know any of the Paper 1 stuff for paper 2 and 3 as I did them last year and pretty much forgotten everything about them. :/
Reply 4
AQA GCSE Science isn't synoptic so no you don't

Why do you want 100 in each out of interest?
Reply 5
Because My ISA is only 82 UMS so I need all high 90s to get an A* which I want
Can't you retake ISAs if you're not happy with them?
Reply 7
too late but 82 is an A
Cashper1234
Would you say the HSW stuff is important to learn as well and how much effort do you have to put in

I know it's good to do as well as you possibly can but why do you want to get 100 UMS on every paper? Ultimately it won't count for anything in comparison with someone who just scraped an A*. Seriously, you should consider spending that extra time rounding off your other GCSEs and making sure you get good grades across the board, whilst making sure you get an A* in science.
To do well in the additional science modules, you should consider reading through all your notes, doing the past paper questions and looking carefully at mark schemes to find out what the examiner is looking for in terms of a response to the question.
Reply 9
I did this :smile:

It isn't too difficult, I got crap marks in the Core sciences because I truied to memorise spceific facts and try to be clever and it backfired massivly, especially in chemistry (see sig), but in in addition to this for the Unit 2s, I tried to make sure I UNDERSTOOD it all, its one thing knowing what happens in an equation but its another knowing why.

As for HSW, just prepare yourself for reliabilty, accuracy, and validity questions, and just think lgically about the social environmental and economical factors and you'll be fine
Oh, and to answer your question. The only thing you can do is revise :P No way around it considering they aren't multiple choice anymore. :smile:
Cashper1234
Would you say the HSW stuff is important to learn as well and how much effort do you have to put in

Its not really that important compared to other stuff, but you need to know all the different variables and how to read off graphs etc. Why do want 100% though? If someone else gets 90% that will still be an A* so it wouldn't really make a difference if you were being compared to each other grade-wise.

Latest