The Student Room Group

LITA3 AQA A A2 English Literature exam 15th June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
alecangeltess
I am shortly typing up some quesiton plans (as generic as poss) so I will send them to anyone who wants them, and will appreciate feedback please! :biggrin: thanks.

that would be greaat thanks :smile:
Reply 81
alecangeltess
I am shortly typing up some quesiton plans (as generic as poss) so I will send them to anyone who wants them, and will appreciate feedback please! :biggrin: thanks.

ooh that would be good :biggrin: Thankks
Reply 82
alecangeltess

yes please!
Reply 83
HI, does anyone have any quotes relating to the theme of love, in either Chaucer's A Miller's Tale, Fitzgerald's Great Gatsby or Miller's View from the Bridge. There the ones i have studied in most depth, but can't seem to find any significant quotations.

These texts are the ones i will almost certainly use in my wider reading references. The poetry I will use will probably be Shakespeare's Sonnet 130, an easy and short poem which you can talk about loads. I feel that whatever the unseen texts are on, I will still be able to use these texts to refer, as the exam is partly based on comparison.
Reply 84
alecangeltess

YES PLEASE :smile:
How are you all structuring your exam essays? (especially regarding section 2)
Also, does anyone know a good website/book to get information from on context of different periods?

Cheers
Just tried to do the specimen paper on the Drayton/Millay sonnets then Romeo & Juliet/The Woodlanders. If the real paper is like that...

FML.
Reply 87
Does anyone have the January 2010 paper for this exam?
Reply 88
I need some quotessssss on the above stated texts helppppp.

p.s unknownpleasures I take it u like JOy Division...
Reply 89
unknownpleasures
Just tried to do the specimen paper on the Drayton/Millay sonnets then Romeo & Juliet/The Woodlanders. If the real paper is like that...

FML.

Haha I know right
Reply 90
alecangeltess

yes please! :biggrin:
Harriet123
Does anyone have the January 2010 paper for this exam?

I do, would you like me to send it to you?
alecangeltess

Yes please :smile:
Reply 93
alecangeltess

Yes please!
Reply 94
Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether Q1 will be poetry/prose/drama. I'm thinking prose!
Reply 95
Was just wondering if anyone had some tips on how to fulfil the context criteria effectively? I'm generally okay on ao1, ao2 and ao3 but I always seem to fall down on the context. Do the examiners just want you to connect attitudes at the time etc to the text, and discuss how they influence the overall effect of the literature?
Reply 96
billet-doux
Does anyone want to hazard a guess as to whether Q1 will be poetry/prose/drama. I'm thinking prose!

i really think it will be poems, well im bloody hoping that it is!
Can anyone recommend a decent poem on unrequited love?
Reply 98
claudia92
i really think it will be poems, well im bloody hoping that it is!

We were told that Q1 would never be poems.
Reply 99
unknownpleasures
Can anyone recommend a decent poem on unrequited love?

warming her pearls (for judith radstone), carol ann duffy
andd... the folly of being comforted, w.b. yeats

i think those are pretty fitting for the theme unrequited love..?

edit: thought i'd add that the folly of being comforted is about the fact that yeats, throughout his whole life, deeply loved Maud Gonne, but they never married. the poem is rejecting the idea that his unrequited love will hurt less as time goes by.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending