The Student Room Group

Hair gel on guys...or not?

Clarification: the gel above, also includes wax and anything that is applied to hair to make it look like spines on a porcupine - no offence to procupines or guys, but I can't think of any other spiky stuffs

As quite a many clubs are on my way to the department, I inevitably come across various guys which made me think: what's your take on guys using hair gel to spike up their hair?

I wouldn't mind guys wearing it for special occasions (such as formal hall) but I really prefer no hair gel, and I know guys who come for dinners sans gel, and that suits them more than anything.
Comments? I am quite keen to get everyone's perspective

(have to admit that my own bro uses hair gel excessively, so did all of exs)

(This is a result of post chapter writing euphoria)

Scroll to see replies

Wax
Gel sucks. Redken's Get Groomeed finishing cream is the way forward.
Reply 3
jasperstory
Wax

Is wax different from gel? :confused: Is that what guys use? I thought it was hair gel!
Reply 4
I use wax too but I might give clay a try since its supposed to be good for my hair apparently.

Gel is awful (for me anyway).
fleur-de-lis
Is wax different from gel? :confused: Is that what guys use? I thought it was hair gel!

I'd say most guys use gel. It's awful though.
Up to them, really - totally their choice.

I prefer gel, my BF uses it and it looks hot, he likes it and dispises wax. But that's just my opinion :smile:
Reply 7
i use this sort of wax...to b honest i dnt knw wot it is, but i knw for sure its not gel. I hav to use sumthink on my hair...i hav the thickest hair evr!...no joke...i cant really do nething with it most gels/waxes dnt do nethin because my hair is too thick. :-(
Reply 8
i use wella shcok waves wax i think it is.

i use it when my hairs short every day pretty much, but when it gets a bit longer i dont bother unless my hair is looking terrible :smile:

and it looks really sexy on guys (cos i use it) so there :p:
Reply 9
when i was in england, it seemed like EVERY SINGLE guy had their hair gelled (/waxed, i don't know the difference) and all spiky. it completely ruined the looks of some guys who would have otherwise been pretty hot. then again, very few californian guys use gel, so maybe i'm just not used to it??
hey dede. you meen people like that eejit on the left?
dede
when i was in england, it seemed like EVERY SINGLE guy had their hair gelled (/waxed, i don't know the difference) and all spiky. it completely ruined the looks of some guys who would have otherwise been pretty hot. then again, very few californian guys use gel, so maybe i'm just not used to it??
What do they use instead :confused:
Reply 12
Shockwaves Xtrovert Rough N' Ready Clay (formerly 'Creative Clay') is the stuff to use. I get through loads of the stuff :wink:

I'd hope it looks decent... :smile:
Reply 13
awwww aj!!! don't spike your hair!!
just kidding I love you.

guys don't use gel at all. most grow their hair longer - the shaggy emo/punk look is pretty "in" i guess
Reply 14
dede

exactly... it's so difficult to spot guys without hair gel (barring academics, of course!)
dede
awwww aj!!! don't spike your hair!!
just kidding I love you.

guys don't use gel at all. most grow their hair longer - the shaggy emo/punk look is pretty "in" i guess

i would never grow my hair long. tis just not me!
doing nothing looks utter ***** so spiking it...which almost no one does at my school...is what looks best. casey likes is so it stays :biggrin:

i put a couple more pics on so you can see the sexy hair :wink: :rolleyes:
Reply 16
oooooh, is casey the gf?? she's pretty ...

you put pics where? what? huh?
dede
oooooh, is casey the gf?? she's pretty ...

you put pics where? what? huh?

lol there was onyl one and now there is three :wink: :p:

btw never ever noticed this sub forum before lol. just saw you were on and followed you in here :eek:
Reply 18
ajdabrill
lol there was onyl one and now there is three :wink: :p:

btw never ever noticed this sub forum before lol. just saw you were on and followed you in here :eek:

stalker!!!!!

well follow me somewhere else now, this place is boring. i just HAD to weigh in on hair gel.
dede
stalker!!!!!

well follow me somewhere else now, this place is boring. i just HAD to weigh in on hair gel.

lol
nah man im going to bed....havent stayed up this late in a while now :eek:
night night :biggrin:
enjoy your rep...which i probably didnt sign :cool: ...think it was two/three days ago or something....yeah anyway chow

Latest