The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
interesting about the nearly 1:1 ratio
dede
stalker!!!!!

well follow me somewhere else now, this place is boring. i just HAD to weigh in on hair gel.

lol
nah man im going to bed....havent stayed up this late in a while now :eek:
night night :biggrin:
enjoy your rep...which i probably didnt sign :cool: ...think it was two/three days ago or something....yeah anyway chow

edit: ok make that a week :rolleyes:
Reply 22
I am quite amused by the 50-50 result. Guess I can conclude that girls aren't exactly fond of guys with hair gel :p:
Reply 23
I literally put gel on everyday - it's because my hair can get messy really quicky and gel makes it a lot nicer!
I know this sounds vain, but even if i have to go to the corner shop to get something, i still have to make sure i have gelled hair - i just feel more comfortable!

HEAD BOY
When I was about 10, I used to spend a bit of time on my hair in the morning :rolleyes:. But when going to Uni, I really can't be bothered spending more than 30 seconds on my hair. If going out, I usually put a bit of putty or fudge putty (the box says it's australian and my hairdresser sold it to me. I hardly use it though) but it doesn't really look that good anyway.

I wash it out as soon as I can because the stickiness is a bit disgusting and I'd like to avoid premature baldness as much as possible. Thank you very much :rolleyes:
dede
when i was in england, it seemed like EVERY SINGLE guy had their hair gelled (/waxed, i don't know the difference) and all spiky. it completely ruined the looks of some guys who would have otherwise been pretty hot. then again, very few californian guys use gel, so maybe i'm just not used to it??

You're right about it being a British thing... but then again it's usually the Americans that are traditionally obsessed with hair. I think that most girls like the gelled up or waxed look to be honest. Most guys female friends say are good looking tend to have some kind of stuff in their hair.
Reply 26
i like gel in dark hair only - its sexy - the wet look
Reply 27
hair gel & premature baldness?
Reply 28
SamTheMan
You're right about it being a British thing... but then again it's usually the Americans that are traditionally obsessed with hair. I think that most girls like the gelled up or waxed look to be honest. Most guys female friends say are good looking tend to have some kind of stuff in their hair.

i think it might only be american girls that are obsessed with hair. most guys i know just let their hair be - you know, the california "surfer" look. :rolleyes:
Reply 29
i am male and i don't have gel:eek:...scruffy appearance rocks:smile:
dede
i think it might only be american girls that are obsessed with hair. most guys i know just let their hair be - you know, the california "surfer" look. :rolleyes:

Where in california are you from? I love SoCal! good surf spots around
dede

Well there are a lot of hair products like putty/some waxes that are designed to look like you don't have anything in your hair. Even in Australia, they use hair products and some people her spend hundreds of pounds to have a surfer look. Very few people actually have natural surfer hair that's become more blonde with the sun and that has that messy style you only get if you've gone in the ocean in the morning. You'd have to go surfing every morning to have that kind of hair.
Phil23

To really looks stylishly scruffy, you need hair products. Hell, half of hair products for guys are to have that messy look.
Reply 33
if you need to style your hair why not use something like fudge? :rolleyes: fudge looks natural whereas gel makes you look like some kind of doll. :smile:
Reply 34
Phil23

Phil, you'll see this in formal halls.
Reply 35
fonzievision
Where in california are you from? I love SoCal! good surf spots around

i'm from the san francisco bay area - so most people don't surf every morning here, lol - water's too cold. guys definitely don't use gel though.
oh - except the "azn"s who spike their hair still. such a middle school look
I don't think the pretty boy look is complete without a blob of gel or wax :rolleyes:
Reply 37
lol @ the girl from san fransisco - im willing to bet that more than half of the guys you see with apprently no hair product are using something whether it be moose, spray, matt drying gel or wax! It's not "a british thing" and putting gel in your hair doesn'y neccessarily meanyou aregoing to spike it up
Reply 38
i wondered why most of indian guy in uk using hair gel every day.
Reply 39
The 'just got out of bed look' isn't achieved by just getting out of bed, and the 'surfer' look isn't achieved by going surfing; Mr wax is required.

Latest