The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

people who gel their hair are ponses (same goes for wax and other crap).
CasterTroy
The 'just got out of bed look' isn't achieved by just getting out of bed, and the 'surfer' look isn't achieved by going surfing; Mr wax is required.

BS. I surf, and during the summer, my hair is usually always the "surfer look". An no, I don't wax it. A combination of sun, heat and salt water usually do that (ruin it) to your hair.
Reply 42
I'm using something called 'V05 Rework Putty' at the moment. I put it on every morning; my hair looks fluffy and ridiculous otherwise.
Reply 43
I normally just throw my fingers through my hair before i go out anywhere - unless i have been sleeping in a ridiculous position, in which case i slap some water on...
In formal wear, hair that has the appearance of being covered in bacon looks really crap in my opinion, and I honestly cant see the point for myself...natural hair is best because it is just that.
Reply 44
wayne_cramp
people who gel their hair are ponses (same goes for wax and other crap).

glad to see you came here with an open mind
Reply 45
i have super thick hair, so wax looks crap.

gel is what i normally use, and looks tolerable.

my hairdresser told me to use hairspray, which would be best for thinness, but that's going too far methinks...
Reply 46
redman
i wondered why most of indian guy in uk using hair gel every day.

Is it gel or is it hair oil?
edders
I'm using something called 'V05 Rework Putty' at the moment. I put it on every morning; my hair looks fluffy and ridiculous otherwise.

I guess premature baldness is better than having your hair all fluffy :rolleyes:
TKR
lol @ the girl from san fransisco - im willing to bet that more than half of the guys you see with apprently no hair product are using something whether it be moose, spray, matt drying gel or wax! It's not "a british thing" and putting gel in your hair doesn'y neccessarily meanyou aregoing to spike it up

CasterTroy

The 'just got out of bed look' isn't achieved by just getting out of bed, and the 'surfer' look isn't achieved by going surfing; Mr wax is required.

These are both true... but I still think the American girl was right about saying British guys use a lot of gel. I went straight from the US back to the UK and noticed that too. A lot of guys in the US go for the preppy, naturally healthy hair look which doesn't cut it in the UK and is seen as untrendy. The other thing is that you see a lot more balding guys in the UK :rolleyes:
Reply 49
As I have a number one haircut, using gel is out of the questions. I have seen a lot of lads wearing gel/wax in their hair, and some of them suit it but some of them look totally stupid. It depends on how it is shaped and I seen a red haired lad in my class gel his hair up.. I will leave the images down to you, he DID look silly.
Reply 50
SamTheMan
These are both true... but I still think the American girl was right about saying British guys use a lot of gel. I went straight from the US back to the UK and noticed that too. A lot of guys in the US go for the preppy, naturally healthy hair look which doesn't cut it in the UK and is seen as untrendy. The other thing is that you see a lot more balding guys in the UK :rolleyes:

if using these hair products causes baldness, why are guys still using it???
i love men's hair with gel- so smooth and sleek hmmmm....:smile:

Originally Posted by edders
I'm using something called 'V05 Rework Putty' at the moment. I put it on every morning; my hair looks fluffy and ridiculous otherwise

i like fluffy hair, its cute!
Reply 53
It really depends on the guy and how much gel they have on. I don't really mind but in terms of preference, maybe a bit more on the no gel/product side. Whoever mentioned the "preppy, naturally healthy hair look" was right - plus I'd be a bit worried if he spent more time on his hair than me!
Gwen
It really depends on the guy and how much gel they have on. I don't really mind but in terms of preference, maybe a bit more on the no gel/product side. Whoever mentioned the "preppy, naturally healthy hair look" was right - plus I'd be a bit worried if he spent more time on his hair than me!

It was me :smile: and I think we both understand the same thing by that. You know the typical Calvin Klein/Tommy Hilfiger ad.
Reply 55
this thread is still going strong!!!!

that's awesome.
Reply 56
my hair style and wax use varies.

if im working and not seeing neone then i use nothing.

if my hair is short i use it to do something with the front

if my hair is too long for a full-on quiff then i sort of fold the fringe up a bit so its less imposing

if my hair is longer than that i either get out the shower and dry my hair with a towel then leave it as it looks kind of cool all messed up and curly but not too long

if its really long i just let it exist :smile:
Gexko
my hair style and wax use varies.

if im working and not seeing neone then i use nothing.

if my hair is short i use it to do something with the front

if my hair is too long for a full-on quiff then i sort of fold the fringe up a bit so its less imposing

if my hair is longer than that i either get out the shower and dry my hair with a towel then leave it as it looks kind of cool all messed up and curly but not too long

if its really long i just let it exist :smile:

nice :smile:
Reply 58
If my hair looked fine without something in it, I'd keep it like that but its incredibly fluffy, so I have to use something, I try not to use a lot because it makes your hair manky and pisses off my girlfriend too. As long as there's a balance I think its okay.
i knew someone that used so much his hair would'nt budge come whatever weather. it also went a bit white prob dandruff- ugh

Latest