The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i dunno...there seems to be a terrific trend - maybe the good (but poorly fashioned) hair gene is linked with the rock god gene....or heavy lifting gene for the roadies....
Reply 81
I'll ask a creature in Peter Medawar to make this his new research topic.
Goodnight, sweetie... I might loiter around for but probably will d/c once it's 0200.
Reply 82
aww - ok my darling!
well, if we dont converse again before you are wrenched from me by the cruel god of internet time-outs, have a good nights sleep...

thats bloody romantic that is :biggrin:
Reply 83
cruel God of voluntary internet time-outs
Reply 84
ah...i have no such luck when stuck at home...
Reply 85
i just cut it short on sides and bit longer on top and blow dry it up. like this:
look
Reply 86
He looks quite familiar :biggrin:
Reply 87
i just put some wax in my hands rub them together and then style literally takes 30 secs, pretty much everyone i know uses stuff in their hair, not many use gel as it males your hair almost crunchy to touch, when my hair doesnt have anything in it looks really crap and horrible, so wax is the way for me.
Reply 88
hair gel feels all icky... especially when someone puts LOADS on and their hair just sticks solidly in position and cannot be moved. plus, if the guy has quite thin hair and uses too much then they basically look like they are balding (i was in a shop today and i was fascinated by the top of the sales assistant's head for exactly this reason). but then if they have naturally poofy hair (by which i mean sticky-outy and flyaway) then a bit of wax or something is good to keep it under control.
Reply 89
I once saw this awesome guy :love: at an outdoors shop in Windsor- he looked just like a male Statue of Liberty- in fact, even worse & I believe that he must have had waist long hair which was so styled that there were spikes projecting from every direction. My vocabulary of male hairstyles and fashion are quite limited, as you can see.
Meh, i have no option to use hair-gel/wax. My hair is starting to thin because of gel, i wish i never used it, i'm not too worried because my hair is still really really thick. Too short hair, looks meh. I'm looking into the wave style.
I just really don't care :smile:
I have a feeling my BF thinks I like him wearing gel more than I actually do! :eek: When I saw him today, he actually apologised for not wearing any and about his hair being a bit 'fluffy' :confused: (more like cute :p: :wink: ). I was like 'um, ok'. He's so sweet tho :biggrin: doesn't realise I don't mind either way.
Reply 93
Multiplexed
Meh, i have no option to use hair-gel/wax. My hair is starting to thin because of gel, i wish i never used it, i'm not too worried because my hair is still really really thick. Too short hair, looks meh. I'm looking into the wave style.

Why would hair gel make your hair thin? :confused:
Reply 94
Somedays I feel like using gel, somedays I dont :P because I don't really have a set style, and my hair is sort of a length which can be classed as longish but still spikeable (no not a mullet lol) I prefer it without gel, but sometimes I use it on my fringe to style it or make it look neater. Other than that I occasionally use Charles worthington stuff when its down to try and jus make it all go the same way and give it a nice shine, without the sticky gunkyness of gel! but yeah, from year 7 to about year 12 I used to have the typical gelled up fringe and spikey on top :s-smilie: and like everybody had it! meh!
edders

Don't ask me, something to do with what the gel is made of, but it does make it thin. :frown:
Reply 96
Excess gel does make it look like the person is balding, as it gives a good view of the scalp, when the hair is clumped together.
i think hair gel on men are alright as long as it's not coated on and just basically look wet all the time- i hate that! But invisible holding gel is good if they need it.
Reply 98
I need hair gel! My hair is so fine. When I dry it, it looks like I just got out of the tumble dryer :eek:
Reply 99
edders

I did a quick search of whether there are any research papers relating hair gel to premature baldness. Oddly enough, I couldn't find any. But I vaguely remember reading this elsewhere and also about hair dyes.

Latest