The Student Room Group

What should I do now?

Hi,

I am currently studying first year Computer Science at City university. I applied to King's College London for a transfer to second year for the same course and I got an offer today, but for for year entry. Now do you think it is worth accepting this offer? Is King's way better than City that it will affect the job I get, salary... All I mean is, is it worth losing a year and starting at King's?
It's only a year - if you really want to go to King's then take the offer. I'm 20 in first year and I don't feel like I wasted a year - it was still my life (if that makes sense?!).

Edit: if it makes any more sense this way: in 20 years time I doubt you'll look back and think 'oh God that year I wasted doing first year again.' It's a tiny amount of time when you put it into perspective.
Reply 2
They were probably unable to match up the credits you have achieved with the syllabus at King's. From a funding point of view, there are no problems. Try visiting the University, to look at the facilities and examine the course structure. You might also benefit from getting advice from students who have transferred previously. Ask your lecturer if s/he can put you in touch with anyone. You just need to work out where you will be happiest. A good degree classification from a respected University in a traditional subject will stand you in good stead, irrespective of the direction of your future career.
Reply 3
lil_clash
Hi,

I am currently studying first year Computer Science at City university. I applied to King's College London for a transfer to second year for the same course and I got an offer today, but for for year entry. Now do you think it is worth accepting this offer? Is King's way better than City that it will affect the job I get, salary... All I mean is, is it worth losing a year and starting at King's?

If your not happy at City for whatever reason e.g. not enjoying the course, don't like the uni e.c.t then definitley
Reply 4
I think this is going to be a really tough decision! Thanks though!

Latest

Trending

Trending