The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'll be 18. Two of my friends from school would have been 17, but they both decided to take a gap year.
Reply 2
spangletastic
I'll be 18. Two of my friends from school would have been 17, but they both decided to take a gap year.

good point, i think i'll out that in the poll actually!

edit: damn can't.
Reply 3
Which time?

then 24

then 28
Reply 4
I'll be 20 years old :bawling:
18 like the large majority of people, although there will be a few here or there, who have taken a gap yr and will be 19.
Reply 6
Xanthe
I'll be 20 years old :bawling:

I'll be 19 when I start, but I'll be 20 this year too...
Reply 7
18 the first time round, 29 the second time round. :smile:
19 when I started Kent...I'll be almost 21 when I start Sussex this year.
Im 18 al la mo. And I start uni in 2 weeks. I think 18 is pretty stndard for undergraduate.
Reply 10
PublicSchoolAnn
Im 18 al la mo. And I start uni in 2 weeks. I think 18 is pretty stndard for undergraduate.

They're usually 17 in Scotland aren't they?
Reply 11
I was 20 when i started my foundation year, strictly speaking i'll be a mature student (21) when i start the first year of the five year course. But i as Catherine Tate says: "I ain't bothered". People really don't care how old you are once you get there.
Reply 12
I was 20, I went to college when I left school but I was not happy, I started doing electronics but it was at a different campus it was like a working mens training school from the 1950's. I then changed course but I wasn't happy there either, somthing just didn't feel right.

I then did bits of odd jobs before going back to a different college a lot further way to make a fresh start. I was happpy here, it soon became clear that I was the best person in the course, I was the course rep and was getting high grades in everything so my tutors convinced me to go university, I did and got a good grade.

I now want to a part time masters in a few years time.
Xanthe
They're usually 17 in Scotland aren't they?

Well not really. It is possible-since we sit our main exams in the lower sixth as opposed to the upper. But most folk-that I know of anyway-stay at school for the upper sixth.That way you are more likely to get unconditonal offers and your final school year is good banter. Plus 17 is still pretty young for uni.
Reply 14
PublicSchoolAnn
Well not really. It is possible-since we sit our main exams in the lower sixth as opposed to the upper. But most folk-that I know of anyway-stay at school for the upper sixth.That way you are more likely to get unconditonal offers and your final school year is good banter. Plus 17 is still pretty young for uni.

I see what you mean. Bilal's Scottish as well, but he's 17 and starting university this Autumn. :smile:
Reply 15
I was 20 when I started :smile: Will be an ancient 23 when I graduate :eek:
Reply 16
I was 17 :frown: I can't vote!
Jenn xx
i was 17..... theres no option for me :frown:
19, but 20 in November
Reply 19
This time I will be 23 for my PGCE I was 22 and for my degree I was 18

Latest

Trending

Trending