This is really not that fun.

REFRESH.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Edenr
I meant the website, I haven't been able to see any results yet. :p:

Can't you get around it by just clicking on your marks? (or taking a trip down to Maths...)
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Can't you get around it by just clicking on your marks? (or taking a trip down to Maths...)

Nah, even that isn't working out.
I Passed :smile:
SPA are gaaaaaaaaaaaay
ITS are gaaaaaaaaaaaay
DUO is gaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Oh, 22nd.
Reply 1386
Haha complete website crash, I dont even think 1st year scores are coming out today?? chem is definitely tomorrow.
Yep, 1st year scientists are tomorrow...good luck to those getting results today! I wanna log on to see how some of my friends are doing but it's still down.

As for "formal" I'm planning to wear what I wear at normal formals, ie a blouse and a smart skirt/trousers, maybe my smart jacket too depending on how the weather is etc.
Saw someone who'd failed 15 assessments and is still allowed to retake them all O_o
Does anyone know when actual marks are released for first year social science?
ECON L100: BA Economics 17 June Final n/a n/a

Christ, this is just not balling.
Couple of my friends have to resit a module, but nothing major. Finalist friends I've looked for have all got 2:1s which is good...bring on tomorrow's science results!
meowmeowmutiny
Saw someone who'd failed 15 assessments and is still allowed to retake them all O_o

If first year, then you can fail all 120 credits but still be allowed to resit.

In second year I think you can only fail up to 80. If you fail 80 you're required to resit only 60 and automatically fail the remaining 20.
Finalistttttttt (Got a first!)

Well done chiddies!

River85

If first year, then you can fail all 120 credits but still be allowed to resit.

In second year I think you can only fail up to 80. If you fail 80 you're required to resit only 60 and automatically fail the remaining 20.

Mm. How did the people who are required to withdraw get that? I saw one got some sort of certificate and one didn't get anything.
Well done Mr Chidona :hat2:

Mine are released on Wednesday at 4. I'm expecting problems (and not because of SPA's site, but probably because SPA get confused with my assessment methods - I've already had an email from my assisstant senior tutor asking why I was absent from an exam :sigh: )

meowmeowmutiny

Mm. How did the people who are required to withdraw get that? I saw one got some sort of certificate and one didn't get anything.

A first year? I don't know.

It might be that they were both resitting the modules as they were sitting them as a second sitting (they started in 2008-2009 but, having failed modules last year, needed to withdraw for a year before resitting).

The person who left without an award failed more than 20 credits.

The person who leaves with a certificate failed 100 credits. The failed module was a pre-req for second year (as you can still fail 100 credits and progress to second year providing the failed module isn't a pre-req).

Or maybe that they've both decided to leave/forced to leave. But as far as I'm aware under normal circumstances you are allowed to fail all 120 credits and resit them all in first year.

The flowchart outlining progression and awards is here: -

If entered in 2009

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/studentsurvivalguide/2009/Progression_Flowchart_1-3_2009.pdf

If entered before 2009

http://www.dur.ac.uk/resources/faculty.handbook/studentsurvivalguide/2009/Progression_Flowchart_1-3_2008-.pdf
Congrats, Chiddo! :biggrin:
Hmm, who here is a final year maths/science student~?
meowmeowmutiny
Hmm, who here is a final year maths/science student~?

Moi
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
Moi

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a career with JHC really.

Bonus points if you're good with java.

Quick Reply

Latest