The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham General Chat: The rest got ate

Scroll to see replies

meowmeowmutiny
House people failed to heed my demands advice and we're in Neville's Cross rather than whatever that street very close to the Science site is called. I don't like walks that take a long time as I get bored very quickly, which is why power stilts would be good.

Tbh as long as you walk down with a good group of people, you won't notice any difference.

Gilesgate Is possibly the furthest from the science site. But tbh at a good pace I can do the walk in 20 minutes. Which really is not a problem.

Just be glad you don't go to a uni like Warwick or Leeds, where the student accommodation is ages away from the actual uni.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
the answer is bicycles

depends where you are in gilesgate as far as walking to the science site goes. used to take me half an hour each way and i'm a pretty fast walker.
doran
Anyone here a gamer of any stripe, and not yet joined the games society? We also do online gaming!

I considered it before starting university waaaaaay back in the day. But then it's probably even too geeky for me I'm afraid.

Well not so much geeky. Just more than I'm crap at games and want to keep my crapness private.
Yes, I know we're going to be housemates, we're not gonna fall out, I'm just fed up with him always complaining about that...or rather, bringing it up again. Having bikes is a good idea, I'm probably going to take mine...except, well, HILLS! I am NOT cycling up Potters Bank unless I greatly improve my fitness over the summer.
purple-girl
Yes, I know we're going to be housemates, we're not gonna fall out, I'm just fed up with him always complaining about that...or rather, bringing it up again.

I was just kidding :p: Although it's almost inevitable you'll fall out wth at least one housemate. Fortunately for me it was the person who was effectively a stranger when she moved in. Not that I knew Aaron all that well....

That reminds me. I need to reply to her email.
my best housemates have been the people i moved in with as strangers tbh.
Reply 1786
Mithra
:o:

Games soc scare me.

Aw, why?
purple-girl
It's not our fault all the houses there went early, especially considering we had no idea who exactly was in the group and hence what size of house we wanted until late in the xmas holidays...we did the best we could! It's not exactly far, only an extra 5 minutes or so longer than this year...and we're gonna be shown short cuts by that friend who's lived in Neville's Cross this year and is staying there next year.

But if you're gonna complain find a group for 3rd year quickly if you don't wanna stay with us and get them to get a house by the science site quickly if you're THAT bothered.

I did originally go for a group of 3, for which houses didn't disappear for a long, long time :P
bloodlust
Tbh as long as you walk down with a good group of people, you won't notice any difference.

Gilesgate Is possibly the furthest from the science site. But tbh at a good pace I can do the walk in 20 minutes. Which really is not a problem.

Just be glad you don't go to a uni like Warwick or Leeds, where the student accommodation is ages away from the actual uni.

Um, yes I will notice it.
Were the houses around the science site more expensive than the one you've got?
River85
Were the houses around the science site more expensive than the one you've got?

Not noticably, although I don't really remember much.

I don't mind too much really, in theory I've got two more years to be excessively lazy after the next.
You could have moved into the house by the science and found the landlord's crap. I've hard the landlords around there are crap. That's probably nonsense though as many landlords have houses all over.
Reply 1792

nevilles cross really isn't that far away, you'll all be fine. I'm interested to know whereabouts you're living, having been there for two years

Well the dig is nearly over now, part of me is relieved ('cause I'm really tired) but a lot of me is sad. Still job starts on Monday, so that should be good. Now if we can just have good weather for the last two days...
Probably shouldn't say on the internet~

Poor Matthew :sad:
Reply 1794
Matthew? :confused:
Aula
nevilles cross really isn't that far away, you'll all be fine. I'm interested to know whereabouts you're living, having been there for two years

Well the dig is nearly over now, part of me is relieved ('cause I'm really tired) but a lot of me is sad. Still job starts on Monday, so that should be good. Now if we can just have good weather for the last two days...

We're living fairly close to the end of Potter's Bank, so the closer end of Neville's Cross, in one of the fairly new houses...not gonna go into more detail than that =). Given that looking at my timetable it looks like most days I'll be at the science site the whole time/would only have to walk there once a day I don't have any issues.

2nd day of work today, spent a lot of time this afternoon standing around waiting for stuff to finish as I had nothing else to do in the meantime. Well, so I was told, turned out I could've been doing something else that also involved standing around quite a bit, but hey...tomorrow I'll have more stuff to do when I'm standing around waiting for those things to be done. Hopefully.
Reply 1796
Aula

Oh awesome, I'm from around Neville's Cross and in St Aidans too, where abouts are you?
Baby this town rips the bones from your back.

Who's Matthew?
I miss moderating. Moderating certain forums anyway (not GUD). It's a pain having to report posts. Might ask if I can return :moon:

Tramps like us Baby we were born to ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

I'm backing all of my stuff up. Along music left (all 45 gig). This will take a while....
Reply 1799
purple-girl
It's not our fault all the houses there went early, especially considering we had no idea who exactly was in the group and hence what size of house we wanted until late in the xmas holidays...we did the best we could! It's not exactly far, only an extra 5 minutes or so longer than this year...and we're gonna be shown short cuts by that friend who's lived in Neville's Cross this year and is staying there next year.

But if you're gonna complain find a group for 3rd year quickly if you don't wanna stay with us and get them to get a house by the science site quickly if you're THAT bothered.

love internet squabbles me

Quick Reply

Latest