The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Marley and Me :frown:
The first time I saw that I was on a plane to America! The air hostesses thought I was having a fit or something, I was shaking so much from trying not to start wailing.

Also The Truman Show, when the ship hits the wall at the end and he's bashing against it and the music is playing :frown:
Reply 61
umbrellasky
Seriously? Have you never cried watching a movie?

No, i think im just too aware it's a film for it to ever make me cry, good films make me feel sad and happy, but i can't imagine i would ever cry!

Same with sad documentaries, they upset me but i don't cry.
So many I need to (wo)man up.
Marley and me, when he gets put down, (even though I hate dogs)
The notebook- the full last half hour of the film leaves me blubbing every single time!
King Kong , when he feel off the empire state building.
Lion king when Mufasa dies,
I don't find bambi's mum dying funny, I hate bambi it was ****.
Umm... I cried at kick ass :facepalm:, her dad did die, but I got ridiculed for it by my friends.
The green mile, so so much, poor John Coffey
Forrest gump
I could go on for ages :sad:
The rainy scene in Click.

Armageddon - Harry... you the man...
emilylikeeee
I definitely know what you mean about my sisters keeper. That scene always gets me.

It may well be my favourite scene in any movie ever.
Reply 65
The part in Hachiko where Hachi waits for Richard Gere at the station, even though you know he'll never come back. Also when Hachi dies and he's reunited with the Professor in heaven. Seriously, I knew it was coming but I just bawled anyway. Also, the end of the Notebook for obvious reasons.
Reply 66
Did anyone cry when the little girl had to leave the cat in hocus pocus? :cry:
Reply 67
I don't cry often, but Seven Pounds got me right at the end, and The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas because I hadn't read the book and didn't know what was coming.
Reply 68
American History X - Every time!
Dead Man Walking - I've only seen it once but its a hugely emotional film, especially the ending.
I watched this tonight.

It didn't make me cry, but there were several scenes which really hit you

This one, when he gets his Nobel prize, when he says bye to Charles' niece, when he realises that they aren't real, when Alicia sees him in the library with the student

Plus many more
(edited 3 years ago)
Wit.
I was an absolute wreck from about 30 mins on.
Reply 71
when there was no winner in mega shark vs giant octopus
If they're going to make a film that rubbish, at least have a winner in that fight!
Reply 72
Singh_2
Did anyone cry when the little girl had to leave the cat in hocus pocus? :cry:

Yeah:frown:

I loved that film :love:
Reply 73
When beth died in little women. :cry:
When the titanic sunk, and rose (That silly woman, who i will never forgive) let go of jacks hand, and he sunk to the bottom of the deep blue sea
Scarface- when tony montana was killed and he fell into the fountain.
The green mile - the whole movie had me weeping like a baby.
Lion king - when scar gets killed by the hyena's (i was rooting for scar) :bawling:
Dirac Delta Function
Schindler's List - basically all of it.
Lion of the Desert - at the end when he is hanged.

The power of these films comes from the fact that they depict real historical events. Fiction doesn't get me sad.

I disagree, the scenes are written and acted in such a way as to be more immediately emotional. I don't cry when watching a documentary on the holocaust, for example.

Schindler's List is amazing I agree, the scene where he says he could have gotten more out is particularly cry-inducing for me, that violin piece is stunning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0T1od5dUoA
Reply 75
My dad cried at 50 first dates. Although to be fair he had just come out of a coma...
Reply 76
A Walk To Remember. 'Nuff said.
bringmesunshine
when they put marley down in marley&me :frown: i actually can't watch that film anymore

The only film I've really cried at. :frown:
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas :cry:
Reply 79
Seven Pounds when he calls up the blind guy and says 'Someone is going to contact you very soon...' and I just knew what was going to happen and I embarrassingly shed a tear in the cinema. Me and my sister were sobbing into each others shoulders when we watched The Guardian at the end when Jake shouts 'I won't let go!' and Ben shouts back 'I know' and undoes his glove :'(

I've cried at other movies too; Into the Wild was a good one, but I often cry at books too. The first time I read the ending to The Amber Spyglass I was in tears for half an hour and wanted to write to Philip Pullman to get him to write a sequel to they could see each other again (I was 12 at the time). I also cried the first time I read A Blind Beauty (such a good book but so few people have read it) and Love in the Present Tense was a proper sad book too. Love in the Present Tense made into a film would be absolutely mind blowing.

Latest