The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

neither-get a black one if poss as it goes with evrything
i've invested in large handbags for stuff
Most people I know just use plastic bags from asda/tesco to carry their books in.
tsforesth05
Most people I know just use plastic bags from asda/tesco to carry their books in.

lol
Reply 4
I prefer the second bag and I'll tell you why - the colour. Grey and pink? What is that going to go with? I mean, that bag is just going to look ugly with your clothes most of the time, because you'll have a hard time dressing only in clothes that will go with that bag. You should choose a bag in a colour that will offset all your other garments. Like if you are really into turquoise then a chocolate colour bag is a good idea, that colour would also go with pinks. This blue one looks very nice, it will go well with white, so if you wear a lot of white tops and jeans, this will go very nicely. But think about winter... what colour is your winter jacket(s), will the colours clash, or will they in the best case compliment each other? If you have a wardrobe full of all sorts of clothes and not one specific colour range, but don't want to buy millions of bags I'd suggest one in black - that would go with anything basically! Again, chocolate brown might be a colour that goes well with your clothes...
it is worth taking colour into consideration, because basically you can have the most beautiful bag, the most lovely shoes and the greates tops and jeans that money can buy you - if they don't go together then your outfit will look like crap.
fairygirl21
lol

What? :confused:
Reply 6
tsforesth05

lol, not for me, thanks
Reply 7
tsforesth05
What? :confused:

no one i knew took their books to school with them in plastic bags ... but one did use a manky old cotton shopping bag :wink: .
apart from the fact that they look stupid plastic bags really cut into your hands after some time :frown: they always do when I carry my shopping home (I don't have a car, so have to walk)
I prefer the second one because of the colour.

About what people have said about getting one that goes with other things. It all depends on how fashion conscious you are really. Personallu I'm not big on going with the new trends and colour coordinating things so I'd probably pick any bag I liked regardless of whether it went with my clothes or not.
People with "bags" look like rite idiots. Just use a plastic bag, it's cleaner and more hassle free.
Adarah
no one i knew took their books to school with them in plastic bags ... but one did use a manky old cotton shopping bag :wink: .
apart from the fact that they look stupid plastic bags really cut into your hands after some time :frown: they always do when I carry my shopping home (I don't have a car, so have to walk)

How do they look stupid? They are practical and light. Cheap as well.
Reply 11
tsforesth05
People with "bags" look like rite idiots. Just use a plastic bag, it's cleaner and more hassle free.

And as someone else has already said, it will cut into my hands after carrying it around all day - not what I'm after. And if you have to put too much stuff in, it breaks - not what I'm after either. In short, no, I won't be using a plastic bag.
Reply 12
Also, with a bag like one of these it means I will easily be able to carry other stuff in my hands if I need to, where as if Im carrying a plastic bag I can't carry much else.
Reply 13
CheesyBeans
I prefer the second one because of the colour.

About what people have said about getting one that goes with other things. It all depends on how fashion conscious you are really. Personallu I'm not big on going with the new trends and colour coordinating things so I'd probably pick any bag I liked regardless of whether it went with my clothes or not.

oh this has nothing to do with trends... that's the thing, I don't have any clothes that are 'trendy' right now, but it doesn't matter, because I've finally worked out how to wear the clothes I do have together properly. It just makes all the difference... I had a wardrobe full of clothes that were all single pieces - all very nice on their own and I just wore them as I wanted too but always I was a bit jelous of those girls in school who just looked good. I mean, they wore some really plain stuff but it still looked stunning and the reason was that they just knew what to wear it with colour wise and how to accessorise correctly. I didn't ... I've only really finally realised what I was doing 'wrong' all the time - it just hadn't really occurred to me for some reason :redface:
Just thought I'd help the topic starter - obviously they are into looking stlyish, otherwise they wouldn't be asking for help choosing a bag :wink:
Plastic bags suck when they break.
~Bex~
And as someone else has already said, it will cut into my hands after carrying it around all day - not what I'm after. And if you have to put too much stuff in, it breaks - not what I'm after either. In short, no, I won't be using a plastic bag.

Not if you wear gloves. And sometimes I double or triple up the bags inside to reinforce it and it means I get longer use out of it.
Reply 16
tsforesth05
Not if you wear gloves. And sometimes I double or triple up the bags inside to reinforce it and it means I get longer use out of it.

Yeh, but for some reason I don't think I'll be wearing gloves every day of the year -_-
Adarah
oh this has nothing to do with trends... that's the thing, I don't have any clothes that are 'trendy' right now, but it doesn't matter, because I've finally worked out how to wear the clothes I do have together properly. It just makes all the difference... I had a wardrobe full of clothes that were all single pieces - all very nice on their own and I just wore them as I wanted too but always I was a bit jelous of those girls in school who just looked good. I mean, they wore some really plain stuff but it still looked stunning and the reason was that they just knew what to wear it with colour wise and how to accessorise correctly. I didn't ... I've only really finally realised what I was doing 'wrong' all the time - it just hadn't really occurred to me for some reason :redface:
Just thought I'd help the topic starter - obviously they are into looking stlyish, otherwise they wouldn't be asking for help choosing a bag :wink:

Fair enough. Personally I don't care much and just throw things together :smile:
Reply 18
Adarah

Actually, looking stylish is not my number 1 priority for a bag. I want something that will be practical, comfortable and the right size for my stuff, and that's all stuff I wanna take into consideration before buying.
Reply 19
tsforesth05
How do they look stupid? They are practical and light. Cheap as well.

this comeing from the person who said everyone with a proper bag looks like a right idiot :rolleyes:
:p:
Well, it's just my personal opinion that it will look strange if someone walks around school all day with a shopping bag. Especially a tescos one, if I remember they are really crap quality plastic.

Latest