The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

~Bex~
Yeh, but for some reason I don't think I'll be wearing gloves every day of the year -_-

You get used to the pleastic though, and they only cut your hands if they are too heavy. Loads of people here use them.
Reply 21
I'd get a rucksack... so much more comfortable and you don't get sore shoulders so quickly, and those bags are really bad for your posture (make you stand squint to one side)
Reply 22
tsforesth05
You get used to the pleastic though, and they only cut your hands if they are too heavy. Loads of people here use them.

I'm sorry lol, but no matter what you say to convince me I can promise you I will not be using plastic bags.
definitely the pink and grey one cos it would go with more of the clothes.
the blue one is nice but doesnt go with alot of clothes.
what colour is the uniform?
Reply 24
~Bex~
Actually, looking stylish is not my number 1 priority for a bag. I want something that will be practical, comfortable and the right size for my stuff, and that's all stuff I wanna take into consideration before buying.

then either of the bags you suggested will do :wink:
Just take your school folder with you and see if you can fit it into the bag and that there is still enough room in it for lots of other stuff. The shoulder ones are very practical I found, I don't know what I would have done without mine (which is actually not the best colour hehehe, but I love it anyway :wink: )
I had a rucksack when I was at sixth form but I'll probably be getting a similar style bag to the ones being discussed on this thread for uni because they are easier to get into.
Reply 26
no uniform
Adarah
this comeing from the person who said everyone with a proper bag looks like a right idiot :rolleyes:
:p:
Well, it's just my personal opinion that it will look strange if someone walks around school all day with a shopping bag. Especially a tescos one, if I remember they are really crap quality plastic.

Then use a WH Smith or ASDA one. They are also environmentally friendly as you are recycling the bags, not just dumping them after taking your groceries out.

If you are concerned about the logo, do what I do and turn them inside out and write whatever you want on them, designs etc in marker pen. Looks really cool.
Reply 28
kriztinae
definitely the pink and grey one cos it would go with more of the clothes.
the blue one is nice but doesnt go with alot of clothes.
what colour is the uniform?

I thought the exact opposite :confused:
:wink:
I suppose only she can work out which colour go better with the clothes she has...
eh...
sixth form uniform? :confused:
Netto bags are realy strong I hear.
Reply 30
One thing that worries me about bag 2 is that according to the website and catalogue its 5cm deep. Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously thin and too thin to fit things in?
Reply 31
Adarah
I suppose only she can work out which colour go better with the clothes she has...
eh...

Some sixth forms have uniform
~Bex~
One thing that worries me about bag 2 is that according to the website and catalogue its 5cm deep. Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously thin and too thin to fit things in?

Maybe thats just the measurement for one particular compartment?
~Bex~

Why have one bag when you can have several? Just get yourself down to ASDA.
Reply 34
CheesyBeans
Maybe thats just the measurement for one particular compartment?

Yeh, I thought that was possible. I'm thinking of going in and asking if I can have a look at it.
Reply 35
tsforesth05
Why have one bag when you can have several? Just get yourself down to ASDA.

NO -_-
Adarah
eh...

she says she has no uniform so obviously what clothes she has more.
grey usually goes more with clothes than say blue. well i htink so anyway :redface:
~Bex~
NO -_-

At least give it a try. You'll be saving loads of money.
Reply 38
tsforesth05
Then use a WH Smith or ASDA one. They are also environmentally friendly as you are recycling the bags, not just dumping them after taking your groceries out.

If you are concerned about the logo, do what I do and turn them inside out and write whatever you want on them, designs etc in marker pen. Looks really cool.

I use my shopping bags to put the rubbish in :wink:

Hey, if you like doing then - yeah, all the more power to you! I'd never have thought of drawing on them with a marker etc.
but I still think they cut into your fingers after a while, it's just not comfortable to keep carrying things like that around in your hands - for me at least. I also keep my ID card and money and phone in my bag - I just wouldn't trust those things to a plastic bag, sorry :wink:
Reply 39
tsforesth05
At least give it a try. You'll be saving loads of money.

Look, I don't know how I can make this any clearer. I'm not using a plastic bag.

Latest