The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
~Bex~
Yeh, I thought that was possible. I'm thinking of going in and asking if I can have a look at it.

Definitly go and look at any bag before you buy it, I bought one off the net for uni and realised when it got here that it was slightly too small to fit a folder in! (I kept it anyway though cause it was a lovely bag :biggrin:)
Reply 41
kriztinae
she says she has no uniform so obviously what clothes she has more.
grey usually goes more with clothes than say blue. well i htink so anyway :redface:

:wink: we obviously wear different clothes.
Grey doesn't really go with much I think, if not done right grey can look so boring. I mean really boring. especially in winter.
The bright blue... it would not go with my clothes, got to admit that, but the grey wouldn't either. As I said, if they had those bags in black - that's what I'd do.
Mine is sort of beige btw - nearlly as bad as grey really when it comes to looking boring with clothes, but it was a present and I'm not buying a new one :smile: . It's got a dark turquoise and purple bird on it, so that at least goes with the colours I wear.
Reply 42
tsforesth05

If you are concerned about the logo, do what I do and turn them inside out and write whatever you want on them, designs etc in marker pen. Looks really cool.

hahahahahaha...i bet. first i thought you were being serious but now i'm really not sure. when i went to school, people would only use a plastic bag if something wouldnt fit in there school bag or if they had p.e and at that people would only use really fancy plastic bags.
tate
hahahahahaha...i bet. first i thought you were being serious but now i'm really not sure. when i went to school, people would only use a plastic bag if something wouldnt fit in there school bag or if they had p.e and at that people would only use really fancy plastic bags.

:rolleyes:
Reply 44
~Bex~
One thing that worries me about bag 2 is that according to the website and catalogue its 5cm deep. Is it just me or does that seem ridiculously thin and too thin to fit things in?

5cm is too thin. can't put it more simply.
you need a bag that is at least 10 cm deep
Reply 45
I totally agree, but if you look at the picture, there's no way it looks that thin? I know pictures can be deceiving and stuff, but it definitely looks deeper than 5cm!
Reply 46
~Bex~
I totally agree, but if you look at the picture, there's no way it looks that thin? I know pictures can be deceiving and stuff, but it definitely looks deeper than 5cm!

well... I don't know... I would agree, but what are the other dimensions it gives? those pics really can be deceiving, then again, maybe they mean 5 inches and got things mixed up that way :rolleyes:
but if you are ordering ... well... you really don't have much to go on but the description, so if at all possible try and see if you can look at them first and test if a folder fits in them and all that, because there is nothing worse than a bag that is actually too small to use.
Reply 47
Adarah
well... I don't know... I would agree, but what are the other dimensions it gives? those pics really can be deceiving, then again, maybe they mean 5 inches and got things mixed up that way :rolleyes:
but if you are ordering ... well... you really don't have much to go on but the description, so if at all possible try and see if you can look at them first and test if a folder fits in them and all that, because there is nothing worse than a bag that is actually too small to use.

I don't think they mean 5 inches, because in the catologue it says 5cm, and on the website 2 inches, which both make 5cm. The other dimensions are as follows: (H)35, (W)39, (D)5cm/(H)14, (W))15, (D)2in. Which, personally, I think sounds pretty big other than the depth. What do you think?
Reply 48
~Bex~
I don't think they mean 5 inches, because in the catologue it says 5cm, and on the website 2 inches, which both make 5cm. The other dimensions are as follows: (H)35, (W)39, (D)5cm/(H)14, (W))15, (D)2in. Which, personally, I think sounds pretty big other than the depth. What do you think?

yeah, that's quite big, appart from the depth as you said... but I really don't know why they'd put false measurements in their catalogue, so I think you'd better just believe them that bag is too thin... the avarage school folder is a bit under 39 and 35, at about 30 and 35cm - so basically that bag is the size you want in terms of width and hight. But even if you had a very slim folder, that's all you could put in it, so I wouldn't suggest you get that one.
Reply 49
I love the way the ads at the top of the page for this thread are like:

'Balenciaga Bag!'

'Fendi Bag!'

Are they mental? WE ARE STUDENTS!

Anyway, of the two, I think the Converse :smile:
Reply 50
Bag 2, definitely. Didn't know Argos had such nice bags :smile: *browses*
Reply 51
i voted for the second one out of your two choices. ...all depends on the clothes you wear etc, but two is nice :smile: Best to choice the one you like best though i think
~Bex~
OK, I'm looking for a bag for sixth form/college but I'm having trouble finding one. I quite like these two:
bag 1
bag 2

What do you think? Or can you suggest another bag? Please give resons if you can people.

I like the 2nd, but then I'm biased as I dig Ripcurl :redface: :p:
Reply 53
I voted to neither, but then again i didn't take a bag to college. Textbooks i bought, but never took in because the teachers always had them in the room anyway. And i just put all of my work into one of those big lever arch files. There was no need for anything else. Oh and just put a biro in your handbag! Sorted!
Reply 54
If you want a nice looking bag that fits a lot in how about the Jane Norman or Morgan ones? Or get the warehouse ones....prefer those! fit anything and everything you may ever need

Latest