The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm about that height and size, maybe a lil taller, i dunno and I would say I weigh about 8 stone ish. I dont know exactly, i never weight myself incase i startgetting too hung up on it.
Reply 2
i'm a bit taller and size 10 fit me until i was about 9stone and a bit i think... i put on weight when i came to uni though xD you'd probably want to be somewhere between 8 and 9 stone for a size 8/10...
Reply 3
I'm 5ft 4 and weight 8st 10, size 10 dress size. :smile:
dottie28
That's the dress size I am aiming for. How much approx. would I have to weight to be a size 8/10UK at a height of 5'3-5'4/ Anyone that dress size and height, please tell me your weight and measurements, and anyone who isn't a rough guess would be great, thanks.

I was 9 stone when I was 8/10. I'm 10/12 at 11 stone now
9st12
32G
Size 8 in skirts (small waist)
Size 10 in jeans/jumpers/coats
5"4
*I have to get size 12 in dresses so that the zip can do up, then get them taken in at the Dry Cleaners.

You really shouldn't be looking at weight anyway. Two girls with the same weight/height may look very different and it all depends where you carry the weight. So for me, most of my weight is on my bust. I'd say they weigh around 8lbs lol.
I'm 5'4", between 8 and 10 and I weigh between 7 1/2 - 8 stone. I vary quite a lot. I had a spell of illnesses this winter so my weight plummeted, but I'm closer to the 8 mark now which is better :smile: The average weight for girls that size should be between 8 - 8 1/2 stone.
I'm about that, weigh about 7.5-8st
Reply 8
OP you should know that its not all about weight when it comes to dress sizes.
One girl of the same height and dress size could weigh 9.5 stone whist another could weigh 8.5.
When it comes to weight; race, age and athletic ability has to be taken into account because certain races are lighter (due to lighter bones/or how fat is stored in their body), bone density decreases with age, and athletic people will have more muscle so they will weigh more.

So if I were you just look at the measurements of dress sizes and make that your aim instead.
Reply 9
I'm about 5'4, size 8-10, weigh about 8st. My bra back size is a 30, but I have no idea what my other measurements are sorry...

As others have said, don't aim for weight, aim to be healthy and toned up!!!! When I did fencing, I usually weighed near 9st because of muscle weighing more fat (although my boobs were smaller then as well because of doing a lot of sport)
dottie28
That's the dress size I am aiming for. How much approx. would I have to weight to be a size 8/10UK at a height of 5'3-5'4/ Anyone that dress size and height, please tell me your weight and measurements, and anyone who isn't a rough guess would be great, thanks.

I am size 8
I am 52.4 Kg which is about 8st 3.5lb and 163 cm which is 5.32 feet :l i used the convertors that Google suggested :smile:

does that help??
Reply 11
I'm 5'4 ish, wear size 8/10 and last time I weighed myself was about 8 and a half stone.
pina.Love
OP you should know that its not all about weight when it comes to dress sizes.
One girl of the same height and dress size could weigh 9.5 stone whist another could weigh 8.5.
When it comes to weight; race, age and athletic ability has to be taken into account because certain races are lighter (due to lighter bones/or how fat is stored in their body), bone density decreases with age, and athletic people will have more muscle so they will weigh more.

So if I were you just look at the measurements of dress sizes and make that your aim instead.

You always talk sense :yes:
48-50 kg
Reply 14
I'm size 8. I'm 16, 5'3 and I weigh 7 stone. I don't think you should aim for that though; I reckon I weight too little.
I think 8.5 stone would probably be the average weight for that bracket. I don't think it's really weight that matters though. I agree with pina.Love, look at the size measurements.
lol looks like I'm the heaviest so far then. I'm 5'4", still size 8/10 but 9st5. I'm aiming to become something close to 8st over the summer months though.
*Star*Guitar*
lol looks like I'm the heaviest so far then. I'm 5'4", still size 8/10 but 9st5. I'm aiming to become something close to 8st over the summer months though.

Nope I'm heavier. I'd like to get to 8st just for the sake of it. I've never been skinny and want to try it for a bit. I loose weight really easily when I put my mind to it. But I think if I lost just under 2st I'd be a size 4/6 :puke:
I'm about 9st5 - general consensus suggests size 8/10 is around 8/9st. Depends how big your boobs are :wink:
Weight means nothing! I'm 5ft3 and size 10 but weight ~11 stone!
Reply 19
I vary from about 7st 7lb to 7st 12lb. But I'm a little shorter :p:

I'm at the lower end of the scale though so don't aim for that :o:

If I were you, I'd forget about weight and just concentrate on the measurements you'll have to be to fit into a size 8/10

Latest

Trending

Trending