The Student Room Group

A2 Spanish Coursework

¡Hola!

My Spanish teacher told me that during Summer we had to research on two topics for our oral exam + one for the coursework (which is about 1000 words, I think). I've chosen the two oral topics ('Legalisation of gay marriage' and 'The fires') but I don't have a clue what to do for the coursework... Someone gave the idea of writing about Cuba (eg. how the people are REALLY in spite of how much turism they have there because of the Government etc.), but I'd appreciate some other ideas........

Cheers!!!
Reply 1
Metal_Mistress
¡Hola!

My Spanish teacher told me that during Summer we had to research on two topics for our oral exam + one for the coursework (which is about 1000 words, I think). I've chosen the two oral topics ('Legalisation of gay marriage' and 'The fires') but I don't have a clue what to do for the coursework... Someone gave the idea of writing about Cuba (eg. how the people are REALLY in spite of how much turism they have there because of the Government etc.), but I'd appreciate some other ideas........

Cheers!!!

Well, for Edexcel we had to do 2 coursework pieces, one of 500 words, the other of 1000 words, therefore i'm assuming you're doing a different exam board. For my 500 word piece I did a comparison of 2 plays by Federico Garcia Lorca (Bodas de Sangre and La Casa de Bernarda Alba). For my 1000 word piece I did Eva Peron: Santa o Pecadora (Saint or Sinner). I found that a really interesting piece, which therefore made it easier to write. Research is quite easy to come by if you go to a Spanish Library. Other people in my class did pieces such as Fidel Castro: Hero or Villain, the Spanish Royal Family does not have a future (i.e. Spain would be a Republic),a few others concentrated on other famous Spanish individuals.
Reply 2
hi
i was with AQA and the coursework had to be about 700 words each.
For my first coursework i did about the influence of gypsy culture in Spain which i really enjoyed as it was really interesting. For my second piece i did about domestic violence towards men and wether the law (there was a new one introduced )was fair on them in Spain.
Reply 3
I'm doing OCR... we have to do a single piece with about 1200-1500 words. I've decided to write about abortion in Spain - there's sooo much to it (really nice to write about as there's lots of info in spanish from the Instituto de Politica Familiar, catholic websites etc...).
Metal_Mistress
I'm doing OCR... we have to do a single piece with about 1200-1500 words. I've decided to write about abortion in Spain - there's sooo much to it (really nice to write about as there's lots of info in spanish from the Instituto de Politica Familiar, catholic websites etc...).

I did that for my oral!! That and the sex lives of young people, availability of contraception etc in relation to religion & how women are taught to be passive towards men. It was really really interesting - and turned out to be quite original!
tash087
Well, for Edexcel we had to do 2 coursework pieces, one of 500 words, the other of 1000 words, therefore i'm assuming you're doing a different exam board. For my 500 word piece I did a comparison of 2 plays by Federico Garcia Lorca (Bodas de Sangre and La Casa de Bernarda Alba). For my 1000 word piece I did Eva Peron: Santa o Pecadora (Saint or Sinner). I found that a really interesting piece, which therefore made it easier to write. Research is quite easy to come by if you go to a Spanish Library. Other people in my class did pieces such as Fidel Castro: Hero or Villain, the Spanish Royal Family does not have a future (i.e. Spain would be a Republic),a few others concentrated on other famous Spanish individuals.

How did you manage to compare those plays in 500 words?! Did you concentrate on a single aspect of them?
Reply 6
leannemann
How did you manage to compare those plays in 500 words?! Did you concentrate on a single aspect of them?

Lol... I know! To me, my class and the Spanish assistants, it seemed completely illogical for us to do a comparison of two plays in 500. Anyway, my title was a discussion on how those two Lorca plays demonstrated the social norms of Lorca's time. Still I found it pretty (actually, very) difficult to put in very much detail.
tash087
Lol... I know! To me, my class and the Spanish assistants, it seemed completely illogical for us to do a comparison of two plays in 500. Anyway, my title was a discussion on how those two Lorca plays demonstrated the social norms of Lorca's time. Still I found it pretty (actually, very) difficult to put in very much detail.

I can imagine! I'm reading them at the moment and I can't imagine doing a 500 word piece of c/w on them!
Reply 8
leannemann
I can imagine! I'm reading them at the moment and I can't imagine doing a 500 word piece of c/w on them!

How are you finding the two plays? Do you like them? Personally, I preferred La Casa de Bernarda Alba.

Latest

Trending

Trending