The Student Room Group

IGCSE english as a second language

Would a university look at my IGCSE English as a second language or my GCSE English language and literature. I am going to take my exams this year but I'm more likely to get a higher grade in my IGCSE than my GCSE. I have been in an English school for 4-5 years(in Canada+UK). I have been living in the UK for 2 and a half years.
Reply 1
Would a university look at my IGCSE English as a second language or my GCSE English language and literature. I am going to take my exams this year but I'm more likely to get a higher grade in my IGCSE than my GCSE. I have been in an English school for 4-5 years(in Canada+UK). I have been living in the UK for 2 and a half years.

If you've been in English school for 4-5 years, than i think you are capable doing GCSE English Lang/Lit. There are quite a lot international students in my school and most, if not all, of them are doing GCSE Lang/Lit
My friend (her first language is not English) has only been in UK for about 1-2year(s) and she was predicted 'A's for both Lang/Lit :smile: I don't know what IGCSE English is like...but if I were you, I would take both IGCSE and GCSE (since there is no harm in doing so! :wink: - considering IGCSE Eng is easier...<right?>)
However, it's your choice!

good luck :smile:
Reply 2
lovmaths
If you've been in English school for 4-5 years, than i think you are capable doing GCSE English Lang/Lit. There are quite a lot international students in my school and most, if not all, of them are doing GCSE Lang/Lit
My friend (her first language is not English) has only been in UK for about 1-2year(s) and she was predicted 'A's for both Lang/Lit :smile: I don't know what IGCSE English is like...but if I were you, I would take both IGCSE and GCSE (since there is no harm in doing so! :wink: - considering IGCSE Eng is easier...<right?>)
However, it's your choice!

good luck :smile:

Most universities ask for an A or a B grade for english language. If I get an A in IGCSE english as a second language but a C in GCSE english would I be accepted.
Reply 3
Most universities ask for an A or a B grade for english language. If I get an A in IGCSE english as a second language but a C in GCSE english would I be accepted.
You would have to check with the unis concerned on that one.
Reply 4
Minerva
You would have to check with the unis concerned on that one.

Thanks for info.

Latest

Trending

Trending