The Student Room Group

Editing info on UCAS?

Hey, I'm trying to apply as a late applicant on UCAS. I was on a foundation course this year and was offered a place on the degree within my uni, and had to fill out UCAS and apply for my place (although it was guaranteed).

So my UCAS has been filled out, but I want to change it and apply for something different, change my PS and my details (address etc which has changed)

The 'help' bit says:

'If you wish to edit any of the information in your application you may now do so by clicking 'edit' for the appropriate section.'

THERE IS NO EDIT BUTTON.

I'm wondering if its too late to edit stuff? Is that possible? Is it because I sent off the application for my other course already and received an offer? (Although I never accepted it, it said I had to accept it by the 5th May and I didn't so it was taken back I guess?)

HELP
fran.ha
Is it because I sent off the application for my other course already and received an offer? (Although I never accepted it, it said I had to accept it by the 5th May and I didn't so it was taken back I guess?)

You can change the contact address through Track; however, you cannot edit a personal statement after it has been submitted.

If you want to apply for something different at this stage, contact the universities directly to a) make sure they are still making offers and b) ask them if they would accept a new PS submitted by e-mail.

Good luck. :smile:
Reply 2
TheSownRose
You can change the contact address through Track; however, you cannot edit a personal statement after it has been submitted.

If you want to apply for something different at this stage, contact the universities directly to a) make sure they are still making offers and b) ask them if they would accept a new PS submitted by e-mail.

Good luck. :smile:

Ah thanks a lot. I've contacted them already and they said they are taking late applications, but I guess it will heavily reduce my chances because they'll read my old PS on the application? Argh, thats frustrating. I probably have no chance at all really. Thanks for your help.
fran.ha
Ah thanks a lot. I've contacted them already and they said they are taking late applications, but I guess it will heavily reduce my chances because they'll read my old PS on the application? Argh, thats frustrating. I probably have no chance at all really. Thanks for your help.

They will be able to read it, but if they allow you to submit a second PS, you shouldn't be disadvantaged by it. In the event you can submit a new one, focus on why you want to do the new course and not why you don't want to do the original one.
Reply 4
OK thanks for your help. My original course isn't vastly different from the old one and they should be able to see my reasons for wanting to change pretty clearly if they read my second. I've emailed them to ask. Thanks!
Reply 5
i think once youve paid for your application and sent it you cant make anymore changes to it
Reply 6
Thanks. I emailed them and they said its fine for me to send in a new one via email and they'll consider that along with my application :yy:
fran.ha
Thanks. I emailed them and they said its fine for me to send in a new one via email and they'll consider that along with my application :yy:

That's good news. Best of luck with your application. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending