The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

that's how CAPE is feeling. ^
Reply 21
Lou Reed
is S1 not a doddle after S2 lol =/

Ha, tbh I actually find the content of S2 easier than S1. It's just the exam technique that i've got to get better at. :/ I find S1 easier now than when I did it last year, but going over S1 now made me realise just how much I've forgotten, like all the Sxx formula and stuff. People seem to think S2 is like a continuation of S1 and although it is to some extent, you don't use most of the stuff from S1 in S2. And the questions are unpredictable. I'm aiming for an A this time though hopefully. I really don't wanna get a B again.
I'm now flipping through my revision guide, ha, I did my first past paper yesterday and scored 68/75. I guess it's not bad for a self-study candidate right? Btw, do you know what grade I can get if I get the same mark tomorrow?
Reply 23
depends on UMS marks they give... probs A
Reply 24
Blair_Waldorf
I'm now flipping through my revision guide, ha, I did my first past paper yesterday and scored 68/75. I guess it's not bad for a self-study candidate right? Btw, do you know what grade I can get if I get the same mark tomorrow?

Depends on the grade boundaries, but I have never seen an S1 exam having very high grade boundaries, so that would almost definately be an A.
Blair_Waldorf

68/75 will come to 91UMS which is a high A.

im aiming for 71-75/75 but if june 09 is anything like jan 09.. i wont get it.
Zub Zub Zub! Hope it goes well!

what's everyone finding difficult?
Reply 27
Ali M
68/75 will come to 91UMS which is a high A.

im aiming for 71-75/75 but if june 09 is anything like jan 09.. i wont get it.

The percentage is not necessarily the UMS mark though. It really depends on whether the nation as a whole will find it difficult or easy.
Reply 28
Im quite confident about this exam. Done all of the past papers i can find and i am now averaging between 85-95% so i'm just hopin this exam isn't as bad as the jan 09 one
Reply 29
Ive not done much revision but doing many past papers!
Faiza.
The percentage is not necessarily the UMS mark though. It really depends on whether the nation as a whole will find it difficult or easy.

in that case, i hope you all find it notoriously difficult :P
Reply 31
OMG am dying inside... I hate maths so doing it at AS was pretty stupid, though I kind of had to do it for medicine ¬¬
at least I can drop it after the exams... not including the resits *dies inside*
Reply 32
aargh now im really scareddd and worried it will all go terribly wrong.....
at skl practising papers ive been getting near the top but what if i doooont... whaaa i hve a tendency to write the most stupid things in exams aah heeelp and the teachers are gonna be liike wtf u wanna apply to oxbridge to do maths u cant even get s1 right jesussss idiot and they expect me to get a* at a-level and cuz im the only one doing further maths in my yeeeear they put all hope in meee :frown: ;( ;(
sharp357
Im quite confident about this exam. Done all of the past papers i can find and i am now averaging between 85-95% so i'm just hopin this exam isn't as bad as the jan 09 one

jan 09 was ****.
Reply 34
i think S1's harder when your doing S2 at the same time for a few of the questions, im doing both at the same time and it gets realy confusing in the normal distribution questions, but looking over everything it should be fine, most the stuff you need is in the formula book :biggrin:
Reply 35
Amit92
Ive not done much revision but doing many past papers!

u russian?
I'm planning on spending the rest of today and all tomorrow morning doing Statistics.
I've gone over everything (I think), but keep getting stupid little bits wrong, so the whole answer is then wrong!
Good luck everyone, I don't plan on coming on here until S1 is over, unless I have a question! I need to revise, not get distracted :smile:
Reply 37
which exam board is this
i thought it was on 15th june? for ocr mei?
Reply 38
Ali M
in that case, i hope you all find it notoriously difficult :P

LOL. Or average, which will mean that 68/75 will be 91 UMS.

I really hope they don't ask a silly question or something terrible doesn't happen. I remember in the C3 exam in jan, my mate's calculator stopped working, and although the invigilators lent her another one, it wasn't the same type and she got put off. She still came out with 70 for her UMS though. But seriously, i'll cry if it's hard.
Reply 39
I hope the paper is not like June 2008 and Jan 2009, those two were hard papers.

Latest

Trending

Trending