The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

More Application Delays

Bristol is my insurance place - and come results day, instead of being accepted (having met the offer) I was automaticaly rejected for a couple of days due to Bristol's confusion over the distinction between GCE and VCE results.

Anyway, this meant that all of my return information; UCAS reply slip and more importantly accomodation information pack was sent to me much much later than anyone else.

I also went away to Tunisia for a week on the 23rd August. I told the Accomodation office and Admissions office this several times, however, Accomodation could not send out their information to me until the Admissions dept. had updated my offer status to Accepted or Unconditional. Finally this happened, but my accomodation pack was sent to me and arrived on the 23rd - getting back home on the 1st September, I had missed the deadline for returning the accomodation reply slip.

I'm unhappy with Bristol for never mentioning such a close deadline after telling both departments where I was going and for how long, and why it was not my fault that I am having to return it late.

So now not only am I an insurance acceptee (unlikely to get first choice accomodation) but I am a late one - very late, in comparison to many of you here.

How many people, exactly, end up not getting into any halls at all? Are my chances really unlikely now?

Cheers :smile: (:frown:)
Reply 1
I sent my form off on wednesday morning. I have a similar situation because I was pooled for other Cambridge colleges, and so I couldn't accept Bristol straight away.

I wouldn't worry about it - you're not going to be able to change anything. Good luck in getting in to somewhere.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Latest

Trending

Trending