The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
I live in Penny C (moving out today. :frown: ) and some of my best friends live in Holland. Penny C rooms definitely have more storage space and nicer bathrooms, but I think the rooms in Holland have slightly more floor space. I personally would have preferred the location of holland (right next to the gym, right by peter chalk as that was where all of my stuff was), but I much prefer the grounds of Penny C... It looks so pretty and the lawn is amazing in the summer.

Holland has the reputation for having a bad atmosphere, but I don't think it's true... One major plus, depending on the person, is that Penny C doesn't actually have an resident tutors living in the halls and so you can get away with quite a lot. The fact that my floor and the floor below me has never had a disciplinary is proof of that. I know that all of my friends in Holland have had a lot of disciplinaries and fines for silly stuff like having more than 4 people in the room. I think also that because Holland is so big and not everyone knows each other people are more likely to make noise complaints, where as in Penny C everyone knows each other and so people are less likely to complain about their friends.

That being said, I think that both are great options and I'm sure I'd have been just as happy living in Holland.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
I agree with what Last Summer's Dream said about Holland Hall. With the exception of the resident tutor bit. :ninja: I had 22 people in my room in first term and never heard anything about it.
KirstyK
I agree with what Last Summer's Dream said about Holland Hall. With the exception of the resident tutor bit. :ninja: I had 22 people in my room in first term and never heard anything about it.

lol

and when I lived in Penny C , I had only TWO people in my room listening to ...okay very loud music...and the resident tutor came :P.
Penny C without a doubt. Holland genuinely is full of idiots who believe their place in society is determined by how much daddy earns, whereas despite Penny C being the same price, it's a much nicer atmosphere.

Penny C is 10 mins from town rather than 30 mins like Holland, even though it's about 2 mins extra to lectures, and if you're doing either business or anything that's part of the Humanities School (HUSS) then Penny C means you don't have to walk up the big hill to lectures and is actually closer than Holland.

Holland has wet rooms, Penny C has showers, and the balconies in Penny C are better than Hollands. Oh, and Holland has better views but Penny C has a nice view over a lawn and tennis courts which you can actually use, unlike Hollands valley view which is unreachable.

But wherever you go, don't mess with the fire extinguishers!!!
Reply 5
you really don't like Holland do you :P
Reply 6
olly_springs
Penny C without a doubt. Holland genuinely is full of idiots who believe their place in society is determined by how much daddy earns, whereas despite Penny C being the same price, it's a much nicer atmosphere.

Penny C is 10 mins from town rather than 30 mins like Holland, even though it's about 2 mins extra to lectures, and if you're doing either business or anything that's part of the Humanities School (HUSS) then Penny C means you don't have to walk up the big hill to lectures and is actually closer than Holland.

Holland has wet rooms, Penny C has showers, and the balconies in Penny C are better than Hollands. Oh, and Holland has better views but Penny C has a nice view over a lawn and tennis courts which you can actually use, unlike Hollands valley view which is unreachable.

But wherever you go, don't mess with the fire extinguishers!!!

Hey hey hey sunshine! Watch your massively incorrect generalizations!

Latest

Trending

Trending