The Student Room Group

Thread for new 5th years

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maths is good, I'm coping well with it so far and my teacher is brilliant (although a bit of a ****).

Physics is OK. Seem to be doing decent in it so far.

Product Design is a joke so far.

Chemistry is good, we done our first PPA today and we are going to do the other one tomorrow I think.

I absolutely despise everything about Higher English, but I have had plenty of experience with it because we started the course last year.
Reply 21
See what I've said earlier has been rejected quickly :smile:

Worrying but very funny :s-smilie:
Reply 22
my first day in 5th was a nightmare. my English teacher scares me so much; I almost burst into tears. One of the things that she said was when she talked about the writing folio. She said that she read a fantastic essay and it scored 17/25. Graphics, like in 4th year sometimes, I knew what to do but I just couldn't do it. I think it was because I didn't get enough sleep last night. My art teacher scared my as well. he said that if you don't have the skills it will show, that if we don't have them, we shouldn't be here and I started to question myself if I have the skills and I seriously have no idea anymore. Modern Studies is going to be tough, I can tell it form the very beginning. One period = already 5 A4 pages written. And I didn't have H RMPS yet.
I don't know how I will survive this year. It's going to be a nightmare.

How did you all managed to survive this? :frown:
Reply 23
Martyna156
my first day in 5th was a nightmare. my English teacher scares me so much; I almost burst into tears. One of the things that she said was when she talked about the writing folio. She said that she read a fantastic essay and it scored 17/25. Graphics, like in 4th year sometimes, I knew what to do but I just couldn't do it. I think it was because I didn't get enough sleep last night. My art teacher scared my as well. he said that if you don't have the skills it will show, that if we don't have them, we shouldn't be here and I started to question myself if I have the skills and I seriously have no idea anymore. Modern Studies is going to be tough, I can tell it form the very beginning. One period = already 5 A4 pages written. And I didn't have H RMPS yet.

After my first two days of classes I wanted to drop chemistry and english, but I didn't and I'm hoping for As in both :smile:. Don't worry, honestly. They're just doing the death talks to force you into studying. You get used to it quite quickly, just don't be put off by the retarded mind games!
Reply 24
Martyna156

You know if you got two 17's in your english essays in your final exam, you'd be on for an A? Don't diss it until you realise how difficult it is to consistently write good essays :p:
I started my Higher course a week ago and found it terrible.
Especially Human Biology which surprisingly I love in standard grade.

Anyway I'm doing.
English- Boring, boring, boring. I've had 2 lessons so far and they consisted of Nothing.:spider:
Human Biology- I've already started the practical thing, and the sixth years are really annoying!! :banghead: :fight:
Geography- It's the easiest higher, it's also my second favourite. I love this higher!:king2:
Maths- Erh. I love this higher!! :withstupid:
and finally...
Chemistry- The hardest higher so far.. :lolwut:
Reply 26
Midnightsk010

Anyway I'm doing.
English- Boring, boring, boring. I've had 2 lessons so far and they consisted of Nothing.:spider:
Human Biology- I've already started the practical thing, and the sixth years are really annoying!! :banghead: :fight:
Geography- It's the easiest higher, it's also my second favourite. I love this higher!:king2:
and finally...

Is it the H2O2H_{2}O_{2} practical with enzymes or the carbohydrate one? :colone:
Erm Nope, it's something to do with memory, and using your finger around a maze or something, we haven't done the experiment yet, but she still expects us to do a write up.
It's Human biology. :wink:
Reply 28
Midnightsk010
Erm Nope, it's something to do with memory, and using your finger around a maze or something, we haven't done the experiment yet, but she still expects us to do a write up.

I know, I sat human biology this year. :fyi: And you're starting off with unit 3, yes? (Hence my mistake). Wait till unit 1, then you'll know what I'm talking about :wink:
LuhLah
I know, I sat human biology this year. :fyi: And you're starting off with unit 3, yes? (Hence my mistake). Wait till unit 1, then you'll know what I'm talking about :wink:

Probably, :wink:
Okay :smile:
Reply 30
Midnightsk010
Probably, :wink:
Okay :smile:

I'll tell you now, unit 3 is complete and utter torture. You do the real biology in unit 1/2 :awesome:
LuhLah
I'll tell you now, unit 3 is complete and utter torture. You do the real biology in unit 1/2 :awesome:

Really,woah?
I wonder why we started with Unit 3.?
Simple.
The answer is probably cause my teacher's a retard.
Honestly she is!

So see in your exam, was it basically unit 1/2 material.?
Is Unit 3 the hardest unit? :redface:
Reply 32
Midnightsk010
Really,woah?
I wonder why we started with Unit 3.?
Simple.
The answer is probably cause my teacher's a retard.
Honestly she is!

So see in your exam, was it basically unit 1/2 material.?
Is Unit 3 the hardest unit? :redface:

Unit 3 is the biggest unit, but it's not really hard or 'biology'. The first part is where you deal with the brain/nervous system, but then it branches off into psychology, geography, population and it's blegh!

In my exam, I'd say there were loads of tricky problem solving things which can become quite tedious. Content wise: it was pretty balanced.

And how's chemistry hard lol :awesome:
LuhLah
Unit 3 is the biggest unit, but it's not really hard or 'biology'. The first part is where you deal with the brain/nervous system, but then it branches off into psychology, geography, population and it's blegh!

In my exam, I'd say there were loads of tricky problem solving things which can become quite tedious. Content wise: it was pretty balanced.

And how's chemistry hard lol :awesome:

So it's basically not biology. :yep:
I'd rather have started with unit 1, I mean isn't that the unit which talks about cells and stuff. :woo:
Problem solving :eek3:
Chemistry,
because I hate it, and can't really be bothered taking all the information in. Which is quite bothersome as I need an A cause I want to do Medicine. :biggrin:
Reply 34
Midnightsk010
So it's basically not biology. :yep:
I'd rather have started with unit 1, I mean isn't that the unit which talks about cells and stuff. :woo:
Problem solving :eek3:
Chemistry,
because I hate it, and can't really be bothered taking all the information in. Which is quite bothersome as I need an A cause I want to do Medicine. :biggrin:

Yep, and genetics.
Ahh, you better get to grips with it quickly if you're an aspiring med. It's really just an extension of SG tbh :p:
Midnightsk010

Anyway I'm doing.
and finally...

It's the same in your class? I thought maybe the 6th years in my class had a monopoly on it. They really irritate me!
Reply 36
Midnightsk010

I did this very thing today in Human Biology :smile:
_Stephieee
I did this very thing today in Human Biology :smile:

We actually did the experiment today. It was soo fun!!. :wink:
NaturalDisaster
It's the same in your class? I thought maybe the 6th years in my class had a monopoly on it. They really irritate me!

After today. I'm loving the sixth years. Haha. I wonder why I hated them in the first place. But yeah some bothersome.:wink:
Midnightsk010
After today. I'm loving the sixth years. Haha. I wonder why I hated them in the first place. But yeah some bothersome.:wink:

Opposite for me. I don't hate them, but they get on my nerves. One has a permanently vacant expression. People like that irritate me because I'm quite lively. Another one is more of a nerd than me, and that's saying something! I know you're crashing, but no need to totally overcompensate and answer every question in that smug, self-satisfied way! :mad: Needless to say I'm annoyed. I'm not jealous though, I know the answers most of the time as well, but at least I have some restraint.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending