The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Age in 10 years: 28.

Where you think you'll be with your career: I'd like to think I'll be a couple of years into my career, as a solicitor.

Family/relationships: Not a clue, most likely single.

Financial stability: Pretty comfortable, not worrying about money hopefully.

And how exactly do you plan to get there? Getting into a well regarded university for a start. So some hard work is needed.
Age in 10years: 30

Where you think you'll be with your career: Hopefully a doctor

Family/relationships: probbably in relationship, considering marrage

and Fianancial stability: not filthy rich, but not wanting...comfortable

And how exactly do you plan to get there: get into med school

I would also like to add....should I not get into med school....the answer to all those questions will be....dead in a ditch in the countryside
Age in 10 years: 26

Where you think you'll be with your career: Hopefully just starting out as an TV hosts for a car program.

Family/relationships: Engaged?

And Fianancial stability: Hopefully should be good working as a local newspaper journalist.

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Doing course in college, auditioning for TV shows, appling for a job for my local newspaper.
Reply 23
Age in 10 years: 28 :frown:

Where you think you'll be with your career: Have my own successful business, or a good job which I enjoy doing.

Family/relationships: Single.

and Fianancial stability: Self made millionaire?

And how exactly do you plan to get there: I plan to kill myself when I'm 30, so I'll spend my last two years doing random crazy things :yep:
Reply 24
Age in 10years: 29

Where you think you'll be with your career: I'd like to be in a job that pays well. I'm still not 100% sure on the exact career that I want.

Family/relationships: Hopefully married and planning on having a baby/already have one.

and Fianancial stability: I'd like to be a home owner by then.

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Idk? Get a degree, work hard, move abroad, etc.

Where you think you'll be with your career: Hopefully finishing up at med school and entering into practice

Family/relationships: Married to my best friend, no kids for another few years though

and Fianancial stability: Living comfortably, but still paying off student loans and such. On the way to financial stability

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Graduating undergrad with a very good GPA and with lots of research under my belt, hopefully apply to and get accepted into med school! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Age in 10 years: 35

Career: Probably one of the many failed barristers now working in Tescos

Family/Relationships: Divorved because of drug problem/general financial incompetence

Financial stability: none, sponging off state/mum

How to get there? Laze about during my degree

Or.... I could be in Parliament
Career: I'd like to be either for a production company such as Aardman, working in claymation and animation, or producing.

Family: Married, hopefully, getting ready to have kids.

Fianancial: I'd like to be comfortable, not have to worry.. Not own a home as such, but to be able to feel secure where I am. To be able to afford treats every so often.

How do I plan to get there
1. Learn as much as I can relating to animation and stop motion in the next year of my course, aiming to do a couple of months work experience in the field in the summer before my 3rd year.

2. Meet someone good for me, i.e. not exciting and up and down like I've been getting involved with these days, but reliable and dependable.

3. Save money, but also spend money on worthwhile things - like a more powerful PC to run animation software.

Career: Ah, the million dollar question. I'm going to go with *fingers crossed* working as a TV producer in the BBC.

Family: Married or engaged would be brilliant. Probably no kids yet - hopefully still enjoying being young and independent.
Financial: Hopefully, quite comfortable.

How I plan on getting there: Well, for a start, get off TSR and work hard in my A levels to meet my Cambridge offer. Then go to Cambridge, do work experience in a bunch of different areas, try and get summer jobs, be involved as much as possible in related societies, get a first, move to London, get myself a job using all of the fantastic connections I will undoubtedly have made. Stalk Steven Fry.

Eh, or I could just marry a millionaire, I suppose.

Though I don't know if I could actually do that. I'd like to earn my own way!
Age in 10 years: 29

Where you think you'll be with your career: No idea - hopefully a well-paid job (6 figure salary or close to it), related or not related to my degree. Here's hoping some massive breakthrough or opportunity occurs in my life/I make it myself, because the idea of working in an office really REALLY sickens me. I do not want to work in a ****ing office for my life. I want to be in an interesting job instead of crappy office work (even if the office work is well-paid).

Family/relationships: You can't say when you'll meet the love of your life. It'll probably happen between the ages of 25 - 35.

Financial stability: Financially stable by that age, I would like to think.

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Not care about people's opinions, not giving a **** about the haters, just doing it.
Age in 10years: 28

Where you think you'll be with your career: Associate Professor at... somewhere

Family/relationships: I'm guessing that I'll either be married, engaged, or in a long-term relationship, but I have no idea which.

and Fianancial stability: Almost there! Making tenure in another couple years (hopefully) will solidify that.

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Work my ass off, get good grades, get into good graduate program, etc.
Reply 31
Age in 10years: 31

Where you think you'll be with your career: Unemployed or in jail.

Family/relationships: Disowned by entire family

and Fianancial stability: Bankrupt, morally and financially.

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Drugs, prostitutes, the usual.
Reply 32
Subcutaneous
Post your

Age in 10years:

Where you think you'll be with your career:

Family/relationships:

and Fianancial stability:

And how exactly do you plan to get there:

Who knows?

Who knows?

Stable enough to have food on the table, a roof over my head and a bit for my hobbies.

Who knows?

Basically lets see. I have plans, but not sure if they are the right ones or if they will get me as far as I want to go. As long as im happy though thats all that matters.
Lying in a ditch with my legs above my head and woodlice in my hair, thinking 'I wish I'd revised for my 2010 A-levels D:'
less hair less money less friends
MissFanatical
Lying in a ditch with my legs above my head and woodlice in my hair, thinking 'I wish I'd revised for my 2010 A-levels D:'

just because you are from liverpool doesn't mean you have to be a tatooed skank you know, plently of people come out of liverpool each year and live reasonable lives

have faith
WrigglyMammoth
just because you are from liverpool doesn't mean you have to be a tatooed skank you know, plently of people come out of liverpool each year and live reasonable lives

have faith

harhar
Reply 37

Where I might be with my career: No idea. I might become a teacher of some sort. Probably in a mediocre job.

Family/relationships: Married, but no children yet. Living in the US maybe visiting family in the UK.

Financial stability: My husband will hopefully be a computer programmer earning a decent enough wage. I don't expect to ever be particularly wealthy, but we will hopefully be comfortable, paying a mortgage on a good house and living well.

Plans to get there: Finish university, move to the US and marry boyfriend. Maybe do some post grad before/after that. See what comes our way.
Age in 10 years: 27

Where you think you'll be with your career: Hopefully being a great teacher and working my way to get to the principal teacher stage :wink:

Family/relationships: Um, either just married or about to get married with kids in the very near future. Or already married for 1/2 years with a kid

and Fianancial stability: No debts anyway and living a wee bit comfortably.

And how exactly do you plan to get there:
1. Start and finish uni with a good degree, do a PGDE and then start teaching.
2. Find a nice woman?
3. Work

Career: Forensic Analyst/Similar position in a Chemistry lab

Family/relationships: Married with one or two young kids

Financial stability: 40k, a detached house somewhere on the outskirts of a pretty city, prospects to earn up to 50k+

And how exactly do you plan to get there: Doing my BSc now, hoping to get decent work experience and maybe a Masters (part-time if necessary) if finances allow it

I'd love to be really really rich (:coma:) but that's not very realistic...

Latest

Trending

Trending