The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
thanks for that rosellen- looks like richmond house has an interesting history. I've e-mailed the office to find out more as I'm at work during their open hours. Doesn't seem long now...a week tommoro! Most of my mates have already started so I just wana get on with it!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 101
oooh i really hope manor hall is ok, what with all this bad press re.sinclair house. mind you. i am glad now that i didnt put it down - i very nearly ticked taht box. but then i do have to live with 18 other girls.... hmm... its a tough call!!
yeh i just wana get on with it now - my friends and my boyfriend have left and im just at home twiddling my thumbs. any checklist items people wana bring up, just so i can make sure ive got them??
so nervous now!! hope manor hall is ok.... anyone i ask about it in bristol has never even heard of it!!!
Reply 103
speaking for the main building, i think itll be ok from what ive heard - quite large rooms (compared to other halls)... err... duno what else.
still dont realy know what to make of the 18 girls to a kitchen malarky. my boyfriend has moved into halls where he shares a kitchen with 8 other people, with two cookers .... i hardly think 3 cookers are going to be sufficient for 18 girls. maybe i'm overestimating our ability to cook though. hmmm.
not looking foward to the weeny beds though.
Reply 104
Being in main building will be good- I was a bit disappointed I been put in Richmond House cos only 9 of us but I suppose then the kitchen is shared between just 9! Looking forward to freshers week now..trying to seek out my old school tie!
Reply 105
I'm slightly worried about weeny beds. I used to go to a caravan where there were smaller beds and I kept falling out when I tried to turn over!! Maybe I'll sleep like a zombie in one position..........

Hey, look on the bright-side for kitchen scenario - 18 people, 18 new friends, if you don't get on with some you're bound to get on with others. But it is rather a lot!

Ohh, I'm so fed up of being at home. I've pretty much been left as well by all my friends - one by one they've been disappearing off to different corners of the country. Lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala (sorry, bored rant.)
Whats the dealy with putting stuff up on walls etc?? It says in the handbook stuff shouldn't be put up but bugger that...i'm not living in a brown cell!!! Do they check? Or is it a lax rule that all hall handbooks say?! I want no wall space uncovered!!!
hmm..didn't read that one. im surprised you can't take posters!! but at least we are allowed kettles and stuff as i know a lot of my friends who have gone to unis elsewhere aren't allowed anything like that.
Reply 108
I reckon it probably only says that in the handbook so that people don't plaster their walls in blu-tac and then rip all the paint off the walls when it comes to the end of the year. White-tac works wonders though and no paint rippage so they can hardly get lairy at you for that, can they? I doubt anyone takes the rules that seriously though... I know I wont :wink:
Reply 109
lalalalalala.... I AM SO BORED! Yep, this is a pointless post but I am going stir crazy here! Anyone who lives within 50 miles of my home has either gone to University or the other side of the world..... If I approach any one of you during the next week and dont stop talking due to the fact that I have been severely deprived of HUMANS for the past two weeks, please just knock me unconscious so I don't have to deal with the later embarassment. ARGH!
Reply 110
aww bless, i think rosellen is a bit lonely!

well guys, only 2 more nights in our comfy, luxurious, smelling of home beds. cherish these moments, cherish them.

hehehehe yay cant wait for saturday. ive got sooo much stuff. duno if i'l need it all. oh well!
yeah..im kinda worried that ive got all this stuff, which my mum will have to take back home with her because it won't fit in my super small room. Whats everyone's plan for saturday....manor hall bar?
Reply 112
LONELY?! LONELY?! I think insane is a more accurate description! Even the dog has boogered off with my parents wherever they've boogered off to leaving me IN THE MIDDLE OF THE COUNTRYSIDE all alone and I can't use my mobile to call anyone as I am officialy skint and I've been ordered not to run up a huge phone bill on the landline... I can't even bring myself to watch Neighbours for the second time today... ooh thinking about daytime t.v. do you know what happened to Diagnosis Murder? Has it just disappeared from our screens FOREVER? Right, gonna stop being so melodramatic any moment now and cook me some dinner... and perhaps catch the last exhillirating five minutes of the Boyd and Janelle saga. Thinking about T.v. AGAIN, I bought myself a t.v. license t'other day thinking that it was absurd to be expected to live without Spooks, Lost and of course my beloved Australians. I only just realised I don't actually have a t.v. Could I be any more stupid? lalalla.
Reply 113
hmm.... manor hall bar. good thinking. Drink. AND PEOPLE!
i too have resorted to neighbours 2 times a day-what will i do without a TV at bristol?? ...well i guess the bar is a good alternative!
hmm..yeah i have no tv..but just come to the conclusion that i won't be able to cope without spooks *shock horror* this i how dependant i have become on tv with all my friends already being at uni.
but staurday im going to see what my flatsmates do then take a walk to the bar..meet new people, its all good.
Reply 116
Well, I've resorted to watching Doctors - it's a perfect programme for that afternoon "can't be bothered to do anything" feeling.

How's the packing going? I've got way too much stuff - so far 1 suitcase, 3 holdalls, 2 plastic boxes and a bin bag. Luckily I have a big car!
Reply 117
Oh, and the bar sounds like a fantastic idea!! I've had a very small social life, as most of my friends (like you rosellen) has buggered off and have obviously made such cool friends that they don't want to talk to me. Grrrrrr.
hmm....ive pack clothes and kitchen stuff...and yeah, really trying to put off packing the rest as i have no idea where to start.
Reply 119
so far i have
one holdall
one suitcase
a box
a box with my stereo in
and soon to be a bag full of bags!
oh and two shoeboxes.
do you reckon we get any help lugging it up the stairs (im on the 4th floor)??

heehee! only a wee bit to go!!!

is anyone else not sleeping well? i cant get to sleep at the mo - and now iv had a permament headache for the past couple of days. toodles!

Latest

Trending

Trending