The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
PredatorPulses
selfish, theres no forum on here to come and compete, true say, competition must be there and thats on the actual exam, but this thread was created for helping so if you dont want to , leave.

Spot on mate
Any good descriptive vocab?
Truth94
Yeah ive got this exam tomorrow aswell. My revsion technique is to look through past papers to see which poems have already came up and which ones havn't. Ive realised that Limbo, Blessing and Vultures havn't came up in a while so i suggest you should have an in-depth look at them. Good look :smile:

I'll actually kill myself if Limbo comes up - it's an awful poem there's no room for in depth analysis ... I have studied some poems from cluster 2 though so if I'm lucky I'll get a choice of questions ... you can mix the clusters if you want right? So I could answer the question for cluster 1 but use a poem for 2 to compare it with ... ?
blingmonkeys
Any good descriptive vocab?

Lol, if you don't know any, you should probably resign yourself to the fact that you won't get a good grade in English.
Reply 24
lilyrawstorne
you can mix the clusters if you want right? So I could answer the question for cluster 1 but use a poem for 2 to compare it with ... ?

Absolutely no problems with cross-cluster poem comparison :yep:
it's likely that blessing or island man will come... i hope that 2 scavengers comes up - thats the easiest, and therefore my favorite :thumbsup:

i did this exam last year (early entry), and i got a C overall; C in paper 1 and a D in paper 2... i failed it. im really nervous for tomz....

which one from informing, explaining, describing would u say is the easiest?
Reply 26
Truth94
Yes very likely since they last came up in 2006

Woah its going to be heaven if half caste or nothings changed comes up!
my english teacher told us all that there was a lot of anger about not my business coming up last year as there was very little to write about.
Anyone know anything about that?
Reply 28
hey guys,

im thinking that vultures may come up, but i have no idea what to compare it with.

nebby
nebby
hey guys,

im thinking that vultures may come up, but i have no idea what to compare it with.

nebby

that depends on what the question is...
Reply 30
PredatorPulses
selfish, theres no forum on here to come and compete, true say, competition must be there and thats on the actual exam, but this thread was created for helping so if you dont want to , leave.

call me selfish, i don't really care but would you give people your good ideas to use in the exam?

wouldn't you rather keep them to yourselves to make it original?:rolleyes:
Reply 31
LORD MEEHAN
my english teacher told us all that there was a lot of anger about not my business coming up last year as there was very little to write about.
Anyone know anything about that?

That was 1 question, but the other opt was about nothings changed which is dead easy. I think the Level of toughness was fairly balanced out.
but not everyone studies two clusters, ive only done one and my exam is tomorrow
Reply 33
Hey guys..one question. Would enjambement come under language or structure??
Reply 34
sweetascandy
For people doing cluster 1 poems, my teacher predicted that it's very likely that blessing will come up, or two scavengers! Bear in mind, I said prediction, okay? And don't ask me how she predicted as I too think there's an equal chance of any poem coming up! :smile:

Don't mind Blessing but I hate two scavengers :s-smilie:
Hope it doesn't come up!
Reply 35
for section A when analysing poems choose 2 powerful quotes or more if needed and "unpack" them so you cover them in depth as oppose to trying to cover everything you know about the poem

for section B if you opt for the describe question...make sure you don't make it sound like a story just focus on certain aspects of the scene in depth

best of luck to everyone tomorrow :smile:
I've got it 2moro as well. I can't w8 for english to be over!

For section B, use all the techniques you know, like imagery (simile, metaphor, personification), repetition, alliteration, list of 3, speech, rhetorical questions, short sentences, onomatopoeia, etc...

Ooh and remember guys, you cannot get A* if you do not use a wide range of punctuation.

Lastly be original :biggrin: Good Luck
Reply 37
romeoandjuliet
I've got it 2moro as well. I can't w8 for english to be over!

For section B, use all the techniques you know, like imagery (simile, metaphor, personification), repetition, alliteration, list of 3, speech, rhetorical questions, short sentences, onomatopoeia, etc...

Ooh and remember guys, you cannot get A* if you do not use a wide range of punctuation.

Lastly be original :biggrin: Good Luck

Thanks for the tips! :biggrin:
Yes! Same here can't wait for English to be over!
Good Luck to you too :smile:
nebby
hey guys,

nebby

Omg what makes you say that?? I hate that poem I've just revised it; it's awful! :frown:
london6ukok
it's likely that blessing or island man will come... i hope that 2 scavengers comes up - thats the easiest, and therefore my favorite :thumbsup:

i did this exam last year (early entry), and i got a C overall; C in paper 1 and a D in paper 2... i failed it. im really nervous for tomz....

which one from informing, explaining, describing would u say is the easiest?

Why do you think island man will come upp?? Is that just a guess by the way?!

Latest

Trending

Trending