The Student Room Group

AQA English Language Paper 2.

I've been reading threads about this exam, and we've never done a mock before about it at my school.
As my as I love my teacher, we focused more on the Lit exam (since the majority of the class were struggling).
However, I'm fine with the content - I'm just unsure if we're allowed to tell a story in the second part of the paper.
Some people've been saying that when describing, you can't convey it as a story, but technically isn't a story describing an event?
I'd be grateful if someone would clarify (for my friend's and my own peace of mind). <3
Reply 1
Hey,

When writing to describe try not to tell a story as much as possible! Keep it all about description, forget action (That way you have maximum chance of getting an A*) If you really want to tell a story, and think you can do it without sacrificing any description, then go ahead, but I reccomend you dont :P

Also, try to write in third person, even if the question is something like 'describe yourself' that way, its much easier to be more imaginative, more interesting and overall much easier to get top marks!

Good luck with your exam! I've got the same one tomorrow, and I'm dreading it like hell!
In my describe one last year I sort of told a story (It was describe a journey, so I wrote about being on an plane). It had a beginning (taking off), a middle (what they journey was like), and and end (the landing). However, I had to be very careful to make sure that I kept to the description and not ramble off on random topics.

Got an A, so I can't have done that bad!
Reply 3
Thank you both. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending