The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was beautiful, but i suppose i got lucky as I had revised everything that came up
Reply 2
Bye, university.

Meta-ethics was my strongest topic. fml.
Reply 3
Yeah I was looking for Meta-Ethics and conscience, but neither was there! It wasn't so bad though because I think I was lucky in having a free will question that was just a simple explain question.

Also in Philosophy I wanted to get a question on Life After Death and Religious Experience, which I did get but they were on the bits which I didn't really revise that well.

Overall I think I got a B in Philo and an A in Ethics! So its between an A and a B for me seeing as last year I was 2% away from an A :frown:
Reply 4
Philosophy I thought went aiight at the time, but I'm more confident now.
I wrecked Boethius, but I was worried about the free will question, but I think I did fairly well.

Buddhism resit was a dream, had I revised, I would have got an A*, but I'm hoping I didn't disgrace myself, and get a B. B, no revison, 6 months after the last time I even looked at the topic, I'd be slightly proud.
Reply 5
How much do you have to write to get an A? I averaged about 2 and a half sides for each question, but my writing is fairly small...was just getting a bit paranoid because i finished before everyone elese
Reply 6
Cicerao
Bye, university.

My thoughts exactly...I'll be surprised if I get into uni after that exam
I didn't revise meta ethics, thought it would be a waste of time, think I went on and on about the wrong things, grr..:mad:
Reply 7
adderz
How much do you have to write to get an A? I averaged about 2 and a half sides for each question, but my writing is fairly small...was just getting a bit paranoid because i finished before everyone elese

I did about 2 and a half sides for each question aswell!

Think it went quite well,
The ethics questions were fab, did free will and sexual ethics.
Not too sure about philosophy, did Rel. Experience and Life after death.

:smile:
Reply 8
Hey :smile:

I did Philosophy: Boethuis and Life After Death! Found the questions quite specific, anyone else? On Boethuis, I talked a lot about the Attributes of God etccc did anyone else?
and Ethics: Free Will and Determinism and Virtue Ethics! God sends! Virtue ethics was ok, despite having to do strengths and weaknesses, because I managed to get all of Plato and Aristotle's views down, then discussed the strengths and weaknesses and evaluated - did anyone else do the same?!

I hate the long wait til results!!

x
Reply 9
Can someone explain to me the boethius question on the philosophy, i didn't understand why that was included as a question?
Reply 10
yh i did the boethius question on whether his arguments are successful on whether god rewards and punishes us justly... nd i did the critically acess the argument from religous experiences inc james...

ethics was sooooo goood did free will nd determinism nd dah homo quuestion

can some one please help why i still dnt understand y boethius would say god punishes n rewards us justly, coz i swr boethius things god simultenously sees all nd cant interact ... the only reward i got was the idea of goin to heaven

philiosophy was a bag oo SH!T compared to ethics
Reply 11
It's to do with God being "all-knowing" and having foreknowledge!

x
Reply 12
Philosophy was pants for me :emo:
Ethics was BRILL! I did the homosexuality one and business ethics one. :smile:
Reply 13
Marcy0710
It's to do with God being "all-knowing" and having foreknowledge!

x

But then the question was something like Asses boethius' argument that God rewards and punishes justly, but where have we learnt the specific argument :s-smilie:
In other words, it seemed like they just wanted us to reconcile the problem of omniscience with reward and punishment, in which case they shoudl have just sed so! lol
Reply 14
Cicerao
Bye, university.

Agreed i messed up philosophy even more though :frown:
Reply 15
The exam would have been amazing had I revised, but I hadn't. I hope my high UMS from the AS drag my grade up to a B tho. Retaking next year anyway so chilling about it.
Reply 16
chinedu40
Can someone explain to me the boethius question on the philosophy, i didn't understand why that was included as a question?

Basically, it's on the spec.

Boethis argued that God's knowledge was not causal, i.e. God knows Y because Y happens, Y doesn't happen because God knows it.
Reply 17
same i aictually havnt come across boethius being associated with punishment n rewards... i juss remeber mentioning that boethuis doesnt think god punishes or rewards us coz den it would mean god is biased n arbitarty i.e. god answering peoples prayers

hpefully i get my A overall coz i need a good 350 ucas points
Reply 18
adderz

I wrote waaay more than that, I used 3 extra sheets of paper, so I wrote 13 pages. But I have largeish writing. And tend to go on.
Reply 19
sheebzie
same i aictually havnt come across boethius being associated with punishment n rewards... i juss remeber mentioning that boethuis doesnt think god punishes or rewards us coz den it would mean god is biased n arbitarty i.e. god answering peoples prayers

hpefully i get my A overall coz i need a good 350 ucas points

I'm almost certain that's Wiles and Hebblethwaite, not Boethius.
That's the miracles topic surely?

Latest

Trending

Trending