The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

if i dont get my grades, i will go into clearing and pick a random course and uni just for the sake of it.
i know you aren't supposed to, but i will :frown:
Reply 2
Gap year, reapply for a course that accepts the gardes I have.
Re-do AS and/or A2 T_T
Reply 4
Either apply for a different but similar course through Clearing, or go to my insurance (depending on whether I get BC - doesn't seem too difficult though). We'll see...
Cry.

Retakes :nooo:
Suicide.

I'm actually not joking.

and yes, I read your note :smile:
Reply 7
insurance....
Reply 8
Why didn't I make two UCAS choices at strathclyde :facepalm:
If I get my insurance grades I'll probably go to So'ton because although it's not as good it means I can do 2 languages, and accom and general living will be cheaper, plus it's closer to home, so although it'll be a mighty bus ride still, in theory I could commute and therefore keep my Saturday job, and still get a degree I'll be happy with. If I don't get my insurance, I will cry. A lot. I'll carry on with my part time job, go to France for a bit, then try and get some internships/experience etc and just get a job. God. I want to go to Bristol :frown:
Reply 10
Hmm, well i dont have an offer but i need my AAB grades in order to reapply.
Failing that, probably going into pharmacy depending on the final grades, already had one offer without interview last year but that has been the only upside =/

Also in addition to the rest, ill jump off a cliff...maybe.
Reply 11
I have a addictive personality, so I would have to retake my subjects unplug my TV and computer and go off the grid.
Reply 12
I've thought about this too.

If I just do quite badly and come no where near the requirements for the course I'm currently interested in I'm going to do Philosophy, Psychology, Modies and French.

If I fail everything I'm going to leave school and start working for an airline to eventually become an air hostess.

I'm in 5th year at the moment (:
Reply 13
Nothing, since I was only doing Standard Grades. :smile:

And although I know you get this a lot, I just want to wish you all luck for your Higher results. Have a nice, happy holiday, instead of sadness!
Reply 14
Armaros
Nothing, since I was only doing Standard Grades. :smile:

And although I know you get this a lot, I just want to wish you all luck for your Higher results. Have a nice, happy holiday, instead of sadness!

Thanks :smile: Make sure that you work hard this year to avoid any uncertainty :biggrin:
omg guys. have faith!

theres a lady gaga soc???!?!?!?!

WHERE
Reply 16
LuhLah
Why didn't I make two UCAS choices at strathclyde :facepalm:

Because it's pointless cos don't they admit you to the faculty like Glasgow does? Or am I imagining things? :s-smilie:
Reply 17
C274
Because it's pointless cos don't they admit you to the faculty like Glasgow does? Or am I imagining things? :s-smilie:

Yes, but I could have had a strathy firm and a strathy insurance.
Reply 18
Jump off a building...

On a more realistic note, if I make the grades for my insurance, I'll be going there. If not, well.. clearing I guess - might change my subject then and wallow is self-pity the rest of the summer.
This thread is so depressing...
Reply 19
LuhLah
Yes, but I could have had a strathy firm and a strathy insurance.

But would they not have given you the same conditional? The point of a firm and insurance is to have a fallback with a lower conditional should you not make your firm. If someone was to choose an insurance with equal/higher conditions than their firm, then there's no point in them choosing an insurance at all...

Latest

Trending

Trending