The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Guess I restate the question: is ANYONE going to stay at Kings College Hall? :hmmmm: :confused:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
yup, I'm staying there and I know about a few others.

have a look here: :wink:
King's College Hall
Reply 3
i'm staying there, see you soon!
I'm staying there too and going to the strand (german and history).
Reply 5
what time are people moving in?
Reply 6
I am gonna be there on Sunday (18 Sept) See you very soon! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I'm staying there too. Move in 17th most probably

Ill be based at Strand too, so the journey is kinda annoying
Reply 8
I'm staying at kings and goin to the strand. The journey is no big deal for me, i used to travel an hour and a half to get to school everyday so if i can do that anyone can.
froggie
I'm staying at kings and goin to the strand. The journey is no big deal for me, i used to travel an hour and a half to get to school everyday so if i can do that anyone can.

Hey hey Froggie, he/she's our man/woman, of he/she can't do it, nobody can!

...for the record - I find bus journeys intensely fun. I always get a massive shock when branches slap against the side of the bus.

...and look on the bright side - when on the bus (depends how full it is really) you can finish off work (do work! :biggrin: )!
Reply 10
GengisKahn

...for the record - I find bus journeys intensely fun. I always get a massive shock when branches slap against the side of the bus.

It's not fun when the branches smash the windows and cause glass to go flying into people's faces (which would happen at least once a year).

Ah, Linc's Road Car...such a quality bus service!
Reply 11
Nothing beats busses in India though, people all hang from the side and the drivers are just the best because they know how to balance the bus during turns even with 1201098231029302193 peopple on the side and on top..
Nothing beats the Palur rail though, people sit on top of the train! now that is some real character building!

RESPECT!
Reply 13
cheesecakebobby

I somehow doubt that... :rolleyes:
Reply 14
I went to visit Kings College Halls today. I think I'm gonna cry. They are terrible. I have no idea how they can justify the aroundabout £100/week price tag.

And since theres no chance of getting other halls before the 17th, or commuting, im stuck there.
Reply 15
:hello: I'm coming to KCH and going to the strand but from the sounds of things lots of people are so I'm not going to be lonely on the journey. Moving in this Saturday (probably)
I think all you people who are complaining about KCH live in far too much comfort anyway. You'll get used to it. Having said that, I haven't seen it, but I'm a man of low standards, and a pessimist to boot; thus I shall be pleasantly surprised, hopefully.

If you don't want your room, I'll have it! :biggrin:
Reply 17
GengisKahn
I think all you people who are complaining about KCH live in far too much comfort anyway. You'll get used to it. Having said that, I haven't seen it, but I'm a man of low standards, and a pessimist to boot; thus I shall be pleasantly surprised, hopefully.

If you don't want your room, I'll have it! :biggrin:

hear hear!!!
Just make sure you make the most of the facilities... bar especially... but things like the snooker, pool, squash. :smile:

The pool table is probably one of the best places to make friends. :smile:
Reply 19
How bad can it be???? Look at all the facilities there are!!!! so what if the rooms are a bit dingy - personalise, use your imagination for crying out loud! Besides if its as crap as everyone says, it'll be good craic if nothing else and people bond better in situations like that.

Latest