The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Frosty Phantom
I want to do a degree in law and something like either economics or accounting or finance. Is this possible with the respected unis like UCL, City, Queen Mary, etc?
I looked on ucas.co.uk and couldn't find any courses... but I wanted to double check...

Is anyone doing a joint degree? What are the benefits?

I'm pretty sure you can't do Law with Econ at UCL. You probably could at less distinguished institutions though - QMUL for example: http://www.qmul.ac.uk/courses/courses.php?dept_id=14&ugcourses=1&article_id=30&course_id=393&course_level=2
Reply 2
Is there law with economics anywhere else? Thank you btw :smile:
Frosty Phantom
Is there law with economics anywhere else? Thank you btw :smile:

I'm pretty sure that Leicester have a Law & Econ joint honours degree.
http://www.le.ac.uk/admissions/ugprospectus06/courses/law/summary.html

You will tend to find that at the top law schools (no offence to Leicester!), most will offer straight law; English + [Modern European Language/European Legal Studies] Law; and on occasion Law & Business.

Other options that I can think of would include Land Economy at Cambridge (a mish mash of several subjects, law and economics included - although it isn't a Qualifying Law Degree), and Law with Advanced studies at UCL (a four year course, in which additional option can be chosen from a range of departments). "BA Law" apparently offers greater flexibility in choosing outside options than the conventional LLB course, and Nottingham certainly offer this course.

In the main, little deviation from the above format is offered at the top law schools.
Quiksilver
You probably could at less distinguished institutions though - QMUL for example:

:rolleyes: .whatever
Reply 5
Manchester
Law and Accounting
Reply 6
Sorry about being fussy but I'm hoping to apply to ones in London thanks :tsr:
Reply 7
totallydeflated
:rolleyes: .whatever

:biggrin: no offence :p:
I'm doing Law with Spanish.
Reply 9
O i hate fussy people
good luck.
Reply 10
I got this thing from my school....you can do Law and French at Cam., spending two years in Paris...sounds cool! Im not gonna do it, but I thought someone may be interested!
Reply 11
It's Law and French Law at Cambridge, called the Double Maîtrise, which you can also do elsewhere.

Latest

Trending

Trending