The Student Room Group

why am i not eligable for student finance?

Hi
everyone my status on student finance has just changed a few days ago to assessed, i then checked and it said that i am not eligable????????? i clearly am as i live in a low income household with the one parent (mum). I am really pissed off coz im going back to college so i need an iMac for the software development course i am going on. Anybody else had this? i sent in the evidence aswell. Thanks for your help.
:smile:
Reply 1
I think you can only get loans and grants etc if you're planning on going to uni, unless thats what you mean when you say college? You should be entilted to EMA though :smile:
Reply 2
Because you are at college? I thought finance was only for university? :s-smilie:
you cant apply for student finance unless you are going to university.
Reply 4
loopykitten!
you cant apply for student finance unless you are going to university.

Thats not strictly true, it depends what level the course is. Some courses colleges offer are classed as Higher Education and therefore entitle you to student finance but the OP hasn't stated what level the course he is taking is.
Reply 5
my income isnt high. The course is a level 3 BTEC and i have lived in england all my life lol. Ill ring them tomorrow :smile: also it says on the website going to college or university :smile:
reeceado
my income isnt high. The course is a level 3 BTEC and i have lived in england all my life lol. Ill ring them tomorrow :smile: also it says on the website going to college or university :smile:

You cant get finance for level 3 courses. Level 3 is the same level as A level. You can only get ema.
Reply 7
morecambebay
You cant get finance for level 3 courses. Level 3 is the same level as A level. You can only get ema.

how do you know that?
reeceado
how do you know that?

There is a table on this page. It shows how all types of different qualifications compare. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/QualificationsExplained/DG_10039017
flipshot
Thats not strictly true, it depends what level the course is. Some courses colleges offer are classed as Higher Education and therefore entitle you to student finance but the OP hasn't stated what level the course he is taking is.

true true i wasn't thinking of those college courses.
Reply 10
reeceado

No BTEC is on the same level as A-levels and IB. You do it BEFORE university. You don't qualify for student finance.

Latest

Trending

Trending