The Student Room Group

If i get a part time job will it affect my mother benefits that she recieves...

If i get a part time job, will my dear mother receive the benefits that she receives because of me (e.g. Child Benefit etc..)
because she thinks that if i start a part time job she won't be able to receive any benefits that are linked to me etc..

i'm a full time student, and i want to get a part time job, not just over the summer but every day or weekend..

btw i know it doesn't affect my EMA

so yeah
any help people??
so that my mum leaves me alone :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks before hand :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm almost certain it wouldn't.
Reply 2
Your mum shouldn't get any child benefit if you're a student...
Reply 3
davidmarsh01

dunno what benefits she receive so i might got that wrong LOL
but yeah she still thinks it will affect her benefits :s-smilie:
Reply 4
If you're a full time student it shouldn't afaik, being a full time student pretty much entitles you to everything.

This is the one for child benefit http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/childbenefit/start/who-qualifies/what-is-childbenefit.htm. You'll still get tax credits, what you might have to look into is that your household income will go up which could affect other stuff like council tax, housing benefit etc.
Reply 5
</Tom>
Oh no, I won't get my free money for doing absolutely bugger all except opening my legs 18 odd years ago. Woe is me.

huh??:stupid:
Reply 6
davidmarsh01

Why not? :hmmm:
Mase94
Im 15 and I actually do hate my mother. I hate you mum

Oh dear.
Stop acting like a little teenage moron.
Reply 8
SayonaraSamm
Oh dear.
Stop acting like a little teenage moron.

Im not?
Mase94
I can't wait until I can stop my mum getting benefits for me. She has not acted like a mother to me in soooo long. Im 15 and I actually do hate my mother, I wish I lived with my dad. anyways Im sposed to be in school till im 16 and that ain't till december...so at first I was like it's only a few months and I'd dog it alot nyways..
then I relised she would get money for me going so im just not going.

I win. I hate you mum ^.^

You absolute imbecile.
Reply 10
inksplodge
You absolute imbecile.

how?
No it won't affect her benefits at all... unless you started earning a significant amount of money I think (over your personal allowance maybe (which has just been brought up to £7500.. are you likely to earn above that?).. but even then I'm almost certain because you're a full time student it'd still not affect her benefits at all.
If you're still worried/she's still not convinced go speak to http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/. You should have one in your area and they'll be able to exaplain it all to your mum so she's not worried.
Misskatie7
If i get a part time job, will my dear mother receive the benefits that she receives because of me (e.g. Child Benefit etc..)
because she thinks that if i start a part time job she won't be able to receive any benefits that are linked to me etc..

i'm a full time student, and i want to get a part time job, not just over the summer but every day or weekend..

so yeah
any help people??

If you are capable of getting a job and earning money yourself then go and do it. Stop hoping for the government to keep paying money for you even if you are perfectly capable of doing it for yourself. Take the job.
Reply 13
Misskatie7

so yeah
any help people??

Hi I was in the same position :rolleyes: If you work under 16 hours it won't, but anything more than that then she has to declare it and could lose benefits :o: hope this helps x
</Tom>
Oh no, I won't get my free money for doing absolutely bugger all except opening my legs 18 odd years ago. Woe is me.

Harsh but true in some cases.
Mase94

I can't wait until I can stop my mum getting benefits for me. She has not acted like a mother to me in soooo long. Im 15 and I actually do hate my mother, I wish I lived with my dad. anyways Im sposed to be in school till im 16 and that ain't till december...so at first I was like it's only a few months and I'd dog it alot nyways..
then I relised she would get money for me going so im just not going.

I win. I hate you mum ^.^

why don't you just shoot yourself in the foot, people like you make me resent paying taxes.
I am glad you do not go to school you just waste teachers time.
Mase94
how?

You're ruining your education just to spite your mother. :confused:
Reply 17
As soon as you go into full time adult education such as an HNC HND or degree your mother will lose her benefits anyway so tell her to get a grip and you try and get a part time job anyway. Trust me the job will do you wonders I remember how proud I felt on my first pay packet.
Reply 18
Missus K
As soon as you go into full time adult education such as an HNC HND or degree your mother will lose her benefits anyway so tell her to get a grip and you try and get a part time job anyway. Trust me the job will do you wonders I remember how proud I felt on my first pay packet.

LOL i know right, but she is like something about benefits bla bla bla n i'm like w.e mum this is my life and i wanna have a part time job and do something in my free time and earn money :biggrin:
i can't wait to be fair :smile: sounds fun :woo:
Reply 19
Well your mum is being quite selfish in my opinion. You go girl :smile: I'm glad you are looking forward to it. Having a job makes you grow up a lot and its great to be able to buy your own stuff.

Latest

Trending

Trending