The Student Room Group

Access course advice please :)

Access Course HELP!!!

Hello everyone!!!!
I'm 20 now and i want to apply for a language access course by September. I live just outside of Nottingham and I want to do languages as I am fluent in Italian and my French isn't to bad either. I was just wondering if any one has done an access course and where i can find a language one???? :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help guys:smile:
Reply 1
Hi Matty, I've personally never heard of a language access course, but since you're already fluent in Italian why not speak to some universities to see if they would consider offering you a place based on that or what they'd want from you to gain entry?

If you're already advanced at these languages maybe doing a home a level in them would be the best thing? Sorry I can't be of more help but I really would speak to the unis as experience may count for a lot!
Reply 2
Thank for your help Zinfandel. I've looked everywhere and I don't think they exist which is a shame to be honest! I was thinking of doing an access course in social sciences to widen my horizons. Do you know what modules I would be doing if I did go for social sciences?? Thanks again for the reply :wink:
Reply 3
Sorry dude, I did prope... erm (ha!), physical and biological sciences but the chap in your other thread seems to know what he's talking about so it's all good.

Good luck!
Reply 4
MattyR
Thank for your help Zinfandel. I've looked everywhere and I don't think they exist which is a shame to be honest! I was thinking of doing an access course in social sciences to widen my horizons. Do you know what modules I would be doing if I did go for social sciences?? Thanks again for the reply :wink:

Try talking to admissions at the universities you're interested in applying to - chances are they'll know a bit about access courses for the degree you're interested in.

Also, this google search seems to throw up some options
Reply 5
Yep will do thanks again for you're help and best off luck to all!!!!
:wink:
Reply 6
MattyR
Access Course HELP!!!

Hello everyone!!!!
I'm 20 now and i want to apply for a language access course by September. I live just outside of Nottingham and I want to do languages as I am fluent in Italian and my French isn't to bad either. I was just wondering if any one has done an access course and where i can find a language one???? :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help guys:smile:

Do you have any language qualifications??

International Baccalarete has a language module though that takes two years, is the equivelant of 720 UCAS points though.

Latest

Trending

Trending