The Student Room Group

Nursing entry requirements

Hello,
Could anyone please suggest me how should I prepare myself for uni nursing course entry please, my uni has asked for 120 points with math and English,I only have NEBDN dental nursing diploma level 3 which has no equivalent UCAS points unfortunately.
Has anyone gone to Nursing from dental nurse ?

Please share your valuable experience,I'll be grateful.

Thank you.
Original post by Tsultana93
Hello,
Could anyone please suggest me how should I prepare myself for uni nursing course entry please, my uni has asked for 120 points with math and English,I only have NEBDN dental nursing diploma level 3 which has no equivalent UCAS points unfortunately.

Thank you.

You could take a one-year Access to HE diploma at a local college. Access courses are readily accepted by unis - just make sure that the subject you pick will be accepted by the unis you would apply to:

https://www.accesstohe.ac.uk/about-access
Please consider doing an access course to get your ucas points to study nursing.

Good luck ☺️
Original post by Tsultana93
Hello,
Thank you.

If your a mature student with relevant work experience, you might be able to join a degree programme in year one,

It will depend on where you choose to study, the degree programme, and your experience.

If you don’t quite meet the requirements consider an Acess to HE course which will give you a foundation in the field of study you might pursue.

As an Adult Nurse at LSBU - I have found the nursing programme really accessible, the quality of teaching is brilliant, and the course assumes you have no prior nursing experience.

Be bold and have courage - there’s lots of support available - reach out to the university your interested in, and ask for tailored advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending