The Student Room Group

When did you start packing for Uni?

Exactly what it says in the title folks. When did you start packing for Uni?

/

When do you plan on starting to pack for Uni?

I'm getting all excited now, I'm itching to start packing, but I keep telling myself to wait so it's more real nearer the time - when I know i've got the grades.

It's like Christmas. By September i'm itching to start wrapping presents but keep telling myself to wait till later :lol:

CT: What to take to uni - the ultimate guide
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I aint packing anything until I know I am actually going!
That would just make my depression when I fail 500 times worse as I will have all this uni stuff around me.
errr results?!
Reply 3
I already know I'm in so I don't have to wait for results, lol.. but I haven't started buying anything yet xD I'll probably start packing at the start of Sept :smile:
Reply 4
Holy **** it's July! We all go to uni the month after next!
Reply 5
Um, the day before I left...
Like anyone who isn't a cretin, the night before.
Reply 7
Urgh, here we go again. Last year, a month or two before uni started someone posted a topic about what they'll be wearing on the day they go to uni :erm:

I will be packing the day before, seriously. I might start to think about buying things I need for uni a week before I go.
You've got the heart of a dam lion kid. :smile:

late august, early sep for me, that is when I'll start buying new clothes and preparing/packing. I'm trying not to think(get excited) about uni so the time/summer will go by quicker lol classic basic phycology. :wink:
Reply 9
ThatWillDoYou
Like anyone who isn't a cretin, the night before.

Haha, this will definitely be me, like every time I've gone on holiday.
Hmmm think I will wait for results before I start thinking about packing :eek:
Hmmm, did the people who criticise actually read the first post? I said I won't be packing now for obvious reasons, but that doesn't mean I don't want to. My room would be alot tidier for a start! :p:

I'm asking for serious answers here, like a day before, a week before, etc, you get the picture. I never claimed I would pack right now :rolleyes: ...........

Though I do like being prepared. This time last year I had all my Christmas presents in and wrapped :eek: this year i've got **** all in, so i'm already behind! Without having uni to sort out too!
Reply 12
I packed the three days before I went. Went shopping the week before. Maybe instead of packing now you should go through all your stuff and get rid of everything you don't find absolutely essential? When I got back a few months ago I went through all the stuff I'd left in my room and chucked about 80% of it away. I figured if I hadn't needed it for several months I didn't need it now!
I get what you mean! When I get in I'll be so excited that I'll start buying things the day after results day! I'll start packing everything a week into September.
I bought a mountain of stuff at the start of September and started packing about two weeks before at my mother's request as we would have killed eachother if it had been done any later. We have very different organisation methods xD
that reminds me, will i need a printer becuase my old one broke and for the past year i have just been pilfering printing needs from my colleges learning centre. would i be able to carry on with this habit in uni in their independent libaries. or would it depend on the institution.
Ive had to start as i live in a housing association flat at the moment i have to hand keys in day before i move into halls - so i have to pack whats going into storage at one of my sisters after some persuading on my part .. whats to be sold come beginning of September like Fridge/Freezer, cooker etc etc ... whats going to charities and whats going in the bin

Then what i will want at Uni will be only what i take :smile:

but i should be used to moving but every time i seem to accumulate more stuff than i started with
Reply 17
A.galloway
that reminds me, will i need a printer becuase my old one broke and for the past year i have just been pilfering printing needs from my colleges learning centre. would i be able to carry on with this habit in uni in their independent libaries. or would it depend on the institution.

Buy a printer. Obviously it depends who you are, but I printed off most lectures before going to them. That way you aren't frantically trying to write down what's on the screen, but instead actually listening to what the lecturer is saying (ie selective listening, exam hints, etc). In my uni, it cost around 5p per page or so to print. And the fact that you have to go to the library to print. For the year, it cost around the same price to get a decent £50 mono laser printer, and was much more convenient.

Oh, and I started packed a couple of hours before the train left... clothes, laptop, etc. I wouldn't take your whole life's build up of stuff to your flat. :p:
Well, i'm off on holiday september 10-13th so will be packing/getting stuff ready in the 11 days between my holiday and freshers week starting...

My mummy is already starting to get stuff ready for me now though...
yosrush
Buy a printer. Obviously it depends who you are, but I printed off most lectures before going to them. That way you aren't frantically trying to write down what's on the screen, but instead actually listening to what the lecturer is saying (ie selective listening, exam hints, etc). In my uni, it cost around 5p per page or so to print. And the fact that you have to go to the library to print. For the year, it cost around the same price to get a decent £50 mono laser printer, and was much more convenient.

Oh, and I started packed a couple of hours before the train left... clothes, laptop, etc. I wouldn't take your whole life's build up of stuff to your flat. :p:

thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending