The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

People who think the whole world evolves around them and have no aspect of realtiy

Arrogance / ignorance

Footballers who get paid ridiculous wages for running on a pitch for 90 mins (sorry guys and gals) when there's people around the world who work hard al day, every day around the world and get paid nothing including the armed forces.....but that's my opinion.

Most importantly people who lie to and abuse others. BIG dislike! :mad:
Reply 141
Jessaay!
...what?

Of COURSE it applies to LSD, maybe not cannabis. LSD is dangerous though.

I think a lot of my point was that we can't generalise, but when people say they hate drugs, they're generally referring to the dangerous ones, which are definitely worse than alcohol.

Also, trust me, it's incredibly easy for people to overdo it on harmless seeming drugs in some forms. Cannabis, in the form of hash, is really easy to overdose on and has some really quite scary affects.

That's not even mentioning the quality of drugs and whether or not they're pure, which as we all know is not necessarily the case as of course it's through dirty dealing. Infected needles also.

I imagine people fear the lifestyle of a drug user as much as the drugs themselves, and comparitively the lifestyle of your average joe drinking alcohol to get drunk is far more innocent. So in those cases I think it's perfectly OK to say you hate drugs, but not alcohol.

Lol. LSD is neither addictive nor can you OD from it. The only reason it could be considered dangerous is due to actions you take whilst on it, which not only is true for alcohol, but not even a direct effect from the drug its self but a secondary effect, which is why it's recommended you take it with a sitter. It is A LOT safer than alcohol, and the only reason you think otherwise is because it is a class A drug. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Tell me, what are your views on magic mushrooms? Are they too more dangerous than alcohol in your eyes?

So according to you, when people say they don't take drugs, they are only referring to the ones more dangerous than alcohol? So they don't include marijuana? What a load of rubbish, marijuana could easily be the main one they are referring to.

The only way anyone could die from hashish would be if a piece the size of a piano fell on their head. There have been NO records of ANY deaths due to marijuana over doses, which is probably because you cannot OD on it :facepalm:

Talking about cut drugs generally only applies to the harder, more expensive and dangerous ones anyway. You cannot get cut LSD or marijuana. Cocain, heroin and ecstasy are probably the only ones, and even then that's down to a dodgy dealer, not the drug itself.

But please, don't take my word for it, it would seem scientists agree with me as well (I took the trouble of using a reliable source, pic from the BBC):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6474053.stm

Seriously, read up then wise up. You know a lot less than you think you do about drugs. LSD is even below cannabis in terms of how harmful it is.

As for your last paragraph about people fearing the life of a drug user, this is just pathetic. I've been smoking pot for almost 7 months now and I attend the 9th best University in the country. Doesn't sound like a bad lifestyle to me :rolleyes: You are generalising way too much. Please do not even bother replying to me until you learn some facts. If your next reply to this is as naive as your last post, I won't even bother replying to it.
edd360
Lol. LSD is neither addictive nor can you OD from it. The only reason it could be considered dangerous is due to actions you take whilst on it, which not only is true for alcohol, but not even a direct effect from the drug its self but a secondary effect, which is why it's recommended you take it with a sitter. It is A LOT safer than alcohol, and the only reason you think otherwise is because it is a class A drug. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Tell me, what are your views on magic mushrooms? Are they too more dangerous than alcohol in your eyes?

So according to you, when people say they don't take drugs, they are only referring to the ones more dangerous than alcohol? So they don't include marijuana? What a load of rubbish, marijuana could easily be the main one they are referring to.

The only way anyone could die from hashish would be if a piece the size of a piano fell on their head. There have been NO records of ANY deaths due to marijuana over doses, which is probably because you cannot OD on it :facepalm:

Talking about cut drugs generally only applies to the harder, more expensive and dangerous ones anyway. You cannot get cut LSD or marijuana. Cocain, heroin and ecstasy are probably the only ones, and even then that's down to a dodgy dealer, not the drug itself.

But please, don't take my word for it, it would seem scientists agree with me as well (I took the trouble of using a reliable source, pic from the BBC):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6474053.stm

Seriously, read up then wise up. You know a lot less than you think you do about drugs. LSD is even below cannabis in terms of how harmful it is.

As for your last paragraph about people fearing the life of a drug user, this is just pathetic. I've been smoking pot for almost 7 months now and I attend the 9th best University in the country. Doesn't sound like a bad lifestyle to me :rolleyes: You are generalising way too much. Please do not even bother replying to me until you learn some facts. If your next reply to this is as naive as your last post, I won't even bother replying to it.

I'm not naive at all. Don't patronise me with statistics and subjective viewpoints, as I'm having a debate and not acting high and mighty because I don't do drugs, however I can totally understand the viewpoint

You can of course overdose on all drugs. I didn't mean death from hash overdose, however as I said it has some quite scary effects and makes people feel quite ill.

What I was saying about the scary lifestyle is how many people see it. Also, even in good universities you get people with rather sleazy lifestyles. I go to one of the best universities in England as well, and apparently one of the best in the world, yet in my friend's halls there was a drug dealer, who became addicted to all sorts of drugs, that was pretty much all he consumed, one night my friend saw him slumped at the table not moving. I'm not saying all drug users have a lifestyle like that, but many of the dealers certainly have a rather questionable lifestyle.

While it's difficult to overdose on drugs such as hash, a dose of over 6 grams makes some horrible side effects (nausea, hallucinations, people finding it difficult to breathe etc, everyone experiences it in a different way) and whilst it's probably going to be hard to get to that point, over 20 grams can cause seizures etc. Probably less in some people.

However, what I was talking about wasnt the relatively physiologically harmless drugs such as LSD and cannabis, but the more harmful drugs.

Also, LSD isn't physiologically addictive or harmful, but still dangerous due to the hallucinations. Also, in people who have had previous mental health conditions, as far as I know it can re-trigger them, so to speak. I apologise for implying it was physiologically harmful/addictive before, but I don't think that's the only danger of drugs.

Plus, drugs such as heroin and cocaine are indeed much more physiologically harmful than alcohol in its entirity per single dose.

It's also a great generalisation to say people get addicted to alcohol or just drink it to get wasted, but often that is generally true.
I think it's horrendously naive of any of us to generalise everyone into categories, but it's what is largely true that people fear, and people fear drugs because overall a lot of "drugs" people see are more dangerous than alcohol, and there are reasons for it because even the more harmless drugs can have dangerous impacts on someone even if it's not physiological.

Also whilst you may have used a reliable source for the graph, there is a lot wrong with a statistic such as that. For one thing, it doesnt tell you how that was calculated- alcohol is much more wide spread than a lot of drugs. Stats aren't all that reliable and often biased.

Now, do I really know that little about drugs? To be honest, I'm quite aware of drugs and their effects.
People who hang up on the phone mid-way. :angry:
James Corden
Justin Bieber
Attention seekers
Feet on the sofa
Asians who pretend they're black
Chavs
Xenophobes
Certain family members
Youtube celebrities
People who admire youtube celebrities
Fans of Andrew Flintoff
Bandwagoners

..the list is more people-related but I could go on.
It annoys me that last time I made a big list of annoyances, it was so vast, I decided to save it in a file on my laptop to save time in the future. After 3 weeks of searching for a replacement DC socket cable, it won't be here til tomorow so i can't access said list :tongue:
Reply 145
Jessaay!
Also, LSD isn't physiologically addictive or harmful,
Not only that but I can't think of anything that has less potential for psychological addiction.

Jessaay!
but still dangerous due to the hallucinations.
"You've all seen it: "Today a young man on acid...thought he could fly...jumped out of a building...what a tragedy!" What a dick. He's an idiot. If he thought he could fly why didn't he take off from the ground first? Check it out? You don't see geese lined up to catch elevators to fly south; they fly from the ******* ground. He's an idiot. He's dead. Good! We lost a moron? ******* celebrate. There's one less moron in the world."

Jessaay!
Plus, drugs such as heroin and cocaine are indeed much more physiologically harmful than alcohol in its entirity per single dose.
What on earth is this supposed to mean? Heroin in its entirity per single senisble clean dose isn't physiologically harmful.

Jessaay!
Also whilst you may have used a reliable source for the graph, there is a lot wrong with a statistic such as that. For one thing, it doesnt tell you how that was calculated- alcohol is much more wide spread than a lot of drugs. Stats aren't all that reliable and often biased.

"In order to have a rough but quantitative measure of the harms of a drug, the ACMD uses[1] a risk assessment matrix, where nine different aspects of harm for each drug are evaluated:

* Physical harm
o Acute
o Chronic
o Parenteral (i.e. intravenous harm)
* Dependence
o Intensity of Pleasure
o Psychological dependence
o Physical dependence
* Social harms
o Intoxication
o Other social harms
o Healthcare costs
"
Reply 146
Wasting time.
On DVDs, I don't know if they still do it, but there was a time where they used to put the special features disc (Disc 2) on the first flap, and the movie disc (Disc 1) on the second flap. I mean, WTF!!!!!!!!!!?????

Latest

Trending

Trending